Windows 10 virtual machine starts with black screen, forcibly stopping the virtual machine and starting again makes the issue to be gone, but next starting/restarting of virtual machine will stuck again with black screen.
To know how to forcibly Stop virtual machine check the following article.
- Windows 10 fast startup feature enabled.
- Interruption of Windows 10 updates installation, mostly caused by fast startup feature.
- Some 3rd party software or/and drivers installed within Windows 10.
Disable fast startup feature
- Click on the Start menu and start typing Control, then click on the suggested item Control Panel Desktop app
- In the appeared Control Panel window, in the Search field on the right pane type Power (1) and then click on the suggested item Change what the power buttons do (2)
- In the appeared window click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Disable Turn on fast startup (recommended) (1) option and then click Save Changes button (2)
- Restart the Windows 10 virtual machine to apply these changes.
Perform Windows 10 clean boot
Open Windows Start menu and type msconfig. Select System Configuration from the search results.
Or Win+R > msconfig > OK
On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
NOTE: Make sure to leave Parallels services enabled.
On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
Close Task Manager. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the Windows virtual machine.
Check the issue by restarting Windows 10 several times, if it will be fixed, to identify which software/service was causing it, re enable every software/service one by one, once issue will appear again, the last software/service you enabled is the causing one.
Check the status of Windows 10 updates available and already installed, try to uninstall several latest installed updates or the one that were failing to install previously.
For more information about managing Windows updates check the following article.