To invite users to install the Parallels Client software on their devices, including the configuration one can follow the below instructions:
- Click the Invite Users item. The Invite Users wizard opens.
- If you haven't configured anything yet in your Parallels RAS installation, the first wizard page will prompt you to configure a mailbox for sending notifications to your users.
- Enter your outgoing mail server name and sender address (e.g. your email address). Choose whether to use the TLS/SSL protocol and whether your SMTP server requires authentication (provide the username and password if it does). You can also send a test email to test your outgoing mail server settings.
- Click Next.
On the next page of the wizard, specify target devices and connection options:
- In the target devices list, select the types of devices to send an invitation to. Each target device of a particular type will receive an email with instructions on how to download, install, and configure the Parallels Client software on that device type.
- In the Public Gateway IP field, specify the RAS Secure Client Gateway domain name or IP address. Please note that this can be a public IP address in order to reach the system from a remote user. You can click the [...] button to select a gateway from the list.
- In the Connection Mode drop-down list, select the RAS Secure Client Gateway connection mode. Please note that SSL modes require the gateway to have SSL configured.
- Click the Advanced button to open the Advanced Settings dialog. This dialog allows you to specify a third-party credential provider component. If you use such a component to authenticate your users, specify its GUID on this dialog. For more information,on setting up Single-Sign-On see https://kb.parallels.com/en/123998
- Click Next.
- On the next page, specify the email recipients. Click the [...] button to select users or groups.
- Review the invitation email template displayed in the Review the invitation e-mail box. You can modify the template text as needed. The template also uses variables, which are explained below.
- %RECIPIENT% — Specifies the name of a recipient to whom the email message is addressed.
- %SENDER% — The sender's email address that you specified in the first step of this wizard when you configured the outgoing email server settings.
- %INSTRUCTIONS% — Includes a script for automatic configuration of Parallels Client and a link that will run it.
- %MANUALINSTRUCTIONS% — Includes instructions for manual configuration of Parallels Client. The variables are defined dynamically depending on the type(s) of the target devices and other settings. Normally, you should always include them in the message, so your users will receive all the necessary instructions and links. To preview the message, click the Preview button. This will open the HTML version of the message in a separate window. This is the email message that your users will receive.
- Click Next, review the settings that you specified, and click Next again to send the invitation email to the selected users.
After you send the invitation email to your users, they'll be able to follow the instructions in it and install Parallels Client on their devices. They will then be able to connect to Parallels Remote Application Server and use the application that you published for them.