I am trying to create a Boot Camp-based virtual machine (VM), but I get an error message:
Failed to configure the Boot Camp partition's hard disk. A disk configuration error has occurred. Make sure that you have read/write permissions for the disk. Error: PRL_ERR_UNIMPLEMENTED (0x80000008)
- Start Parallels Desktop for Mac. Click on the Parallels icon at Mac's menu bar -> Preferences... > Advanced tab > enable Use detailed log messages.
Make sure that native Boot Camp works fine:
Boot into Boot Camp natively and check filesystem for errors: open Start menu > type Command Prompt > right-click on it and run as administrator. In Command Prompt execute the following command:
NOTE: Command Prompt will offer you to schedule volume check at the next time the system restarts. Type Y and hit Enter/Return.
- Restart Windows. Follow the procedure of disk scanning and repairing.
- Boot back to Mac OS X. Try to create a new Boot Camp VM (delete a previous Boot Camp-based VM first if you have one).
- Open Parallels Desktop preferences again: click on the Parallels icon at Mac's menu bar -> Preferences... > Advanced tab > disable Use detailed log messages.
- If you still not able to create a Boot Camp-based VM, please send us a problem report, save its ID and contact the Parallels Support team for assistance.