When I start a virtual machine, I get the following message:
Unable to connect CD/DVD 1. A file or device required for the operation of the CD/DVD 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running. but the device will be disconnected.
A CD/DVD drive or an ISO image that was connected to your virtual machine is no longer connected.
This could be because of any of the following:
- An ISO image that was connected to the virtual machine has been deleted or moved.
- An external CD/DVD drive that was connected to your Mac and to the virtual machine has been disconnected.
- The virtual machine was moved or copied from another Mac where the CD/DVD drive or image existed.
- Open your Virtual Machine's Configuration:
- Click Hardware tab and click CD/DVD 1.
In the "Connected to:" drop down menu choose Default CD/DVD.
If your Mac does not have a CD/DVD drive you can just clear the "Connected" checkbox.