During the term of your active support package for Parallels commercial products, the Parallels team will provide expert level guidance and troubleshooting in connection with questions and issues arising from the installation, configuration, and use of Parallels software, bug fixes, and issue resolution.
Installation: Support for installation (or upgrade) includes providing guidance and troubleshooting in connection with customers' downloading and installing, or upgrading the software. It does not include installing Awingu from scratch or doing the upgrade for the customer when there are no technical issues which prevent an upgrade.
Configuration Issues: Support for configuration includes troubleshooting customers’ configuration settings for existing installations on approved environments to ensure proper operation and functionality.
Basic Product Functionality Questions: Parallels experts will answer your "how to" questions related to standard and intended product usage.
Product Defect Verification and Reporting: Bug identification. Enhancement and Feature Request Submission
Versions of Supported Products Covered by Parallels Support
Supported Versions: See Awingu Product End-of-Maintenance and Support Policy
Environments Supported: Parallels supports use of its products only on the platforms (hardware and operating systems) specified in the release documentation for each Parallels product.
What Support Excludes
The following are excluded from Parallels Support obligations:
- Parallels software that is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than that specified in the applicable documentation
- Virus infections
- Spam protection
- System/server administration activities
- Configuring network environment
- Routine product maintenance (data backup, cleaning disk space, and configuring log rotation)
- Third-party applications not provided by Parallels
- Altered or modified Parallels software, unless altered or modified by Parallels or as defined in the product documentation or Knowledge Base
- Defects in the Parallels software due to hardware malfunction, abuse, or improper use
- Any version of the Parallels software for which support services have been discontinued by Parallels as documented in the Parallels End of Life Policy
- Reimbursing and expenses spent for third-party services not provided by Parallels.
- Parallels Support excludes training, customization, integration and any issues arising from non-standard usage of the software.
- Evaluation software or other software provided at no charge and any Parallels software sold separately by Parallels, including, without limitation, consulting code, unless generally made available to Parallels subscription customers at no additional charge.
- Setting up an entire environment
- Writing custom scripts (API services)
The terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA) apply.
Customers entitled to maintenance and support:
- Those with a current subscription license.
- Those with a perpetual license are entitled up to 1 or 3 years of support after purchase, depending on which option they choose at the time of purchase.
Awingu shall provide End User, from time to time, with Updates (including periodic distribution of bug fixes, maintenance releases and minor enhancements) as scheduled by Awingu in its sole discretion. End User may refuse to accept an Update.
The Maintenance and Support Services shall be exclusive of any Upgrades to the Software. In order for End User to receive and use such Upgrade, End User must (i) pay the applicable License Fees for that Upgrade; (ii) to the extent not included in such applicable License Fees, pay the applicable Maintenance and Support Fees for the then current Maintenance Period. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the terms of this EULA shall apply and the Upgrade shall be deemed Licensed Software upon payment by End User of the applicable License Fees.
Upon each new release (regardless whether such release constitutes an Upgrade or an Update), Awingu shall maintain only the Version of the Product that has been thus revised (hereinafter: “Version N”) and the previous Version (hereinafter “Version N-1”). End User shall be eligible for such Maintenance and Support Services only if and to the extent (i) End User has duly paid the applicable Maintenance and Support Fees; and (ii) End User is using Version N and/or Version N-1 of the Software. In case End User’s right to Support and Maintenance Services is terminated as a result of a new release of the Software (either an Update or an Upgrade, End User shall not be entitled to any refunds of Maintenance and Support Fees.
Response to Inquiries. Subject to End User’s payment of the applicable Maintenance and Support Fees, (i) End User’s installation support inquiries will be accepted by Reseller (or in case the End User acquired the Software directly from Awingu, by Awingu) during normal business hours; and (ii) End User’s technical support inquiries are accepted at any time and will be answered during normal business hours. Reseller (or Awingu, as the case may be) will attempt to respond to inquiries within the same business day.