Before upgrading Parallels Remote Application Server to v19 please review the list of the known issues and terminology updates:
Note: Direct upgrade to v19 is only supported from v17 and upwards.
Stage 1: Upgrade Preparation
- Read the documentation below to review all changes and added features for the latest version:
- Ensure that your Parallels Remote Application Server license has valid upgrade insurance. Upgrade insurance is not automatically included with a Support contract.
- Take snapshots of environments configured on virtual servers, primarily on the RAS Console/ License server.
- Copy and save the license key activated on the current installation from the RAS Console > Licensing.
- Collect additional information about the current Remote Application Server installation from the RAS Console > Help > About.
- Export the configuration file and save it to another location.
Stage 2: Upgrade Requirements
- Internet access is required on the Parallels RAS Console Server to install the software and activate the license.
- For all upgrades, it is highly recommended to schedule a time when your users aren’t active on your system.
- Older versions of Parallels Reporting are not compatible with newer versions of Parallels Remote Application Server. You can download a corresponding version of RAS Reporting here.
- Older versions of HALBs are not compatible with newer versions of Parallels Remote Application Server. You can download a corresponding version of HALBs here.
Stage 3: Upgrade Procedure
Proceed to upgrade the Parallels Remote Application Server environment from the RAS Console/License server by going to Parallels RAS Console > Administration > Software Update tab > Check now > Update. Alternatively, download the installer here and run IT on the Primary Connection Broker. This will upgrade the Primary Connection Broker.
It is recommended after the Primary Connection Broker, the Secondary Connection Broker is upgraded followed by the rest of the components. Once the Secondary Connection Broker is upgraded, you can proceed to upgrade other components of the Parallels Remote Application Server agents configured to the farm/ site.
NOTE: Should you have multi-site Farm, in order to upgrade secondary sites, do the following:
Once Primary Site upgraded and you log into the console still on Primary site, upgrade the secondary sites:
- From the left pane in the Console, select Farm
- In the list select Farm, right click on secondary site > Check Agent > Update.
- Once secondary site updated switch to that site and first update Secondary Connection Broker and then the rest components.
- Log on to the RAS Console and ensure that all agents are verified.
NOTE: Upon launch, RAS Console will ask you to specify the Farm name you need to connect. You may either insert the Farm name, the hostname of Connection Broker or just "localhost"
Stage 4: Final checks
- Please make sure that all server with Remote Application Server components rebooted.
- Log in to Remote Application Server Console and check if all agents are green (verified).
- Log in to Remote Application Server Console and check your license information from the Parallels RAS Console > Licensing. Also, ensure that the “Concurrent UBL” information is the correct user license count you have purchased.
If you require support during or after your upgrade, please contact our Support department.