Parallels Engineering team is testing Parallels Desktop for Mac and other products with macOS 13 Ventura Beta to ensure full support of macOS 13 Ventura as soon as it is released.
Below is the list of known issues we are working on with the available workarounds that we have tested in our lab.
Click Get updates above to subscribe to this article and receive updates.
|macOS 13 Ventura as a host operating system|
Windows virtual machine renders a black screen upon upgrading Mac operating system to macOS 13.
Suspend and resume the virtual machine.
|2||Windows virtual machine renders a black screen randomly.||
Click Actions on the top menu bar > Reset.
Alternatively, you can open the virtual machine configuration > Options > Applications > disable Share Windows applications with Mac.
|3||Creating a shortcut on the shared Desktop crashes Windows.||
0. Shut down Windows (Actions > Shut down).
1. Locate the .pvm bundle of the virtual machine.
2. Right-click the .pvm bundle > Show Package contents > locate config.pvs.
3. Right-click the config.pvs file > Open with > TextEdit.
4. Locate the <SharedShortcuts>1</SharedShortcuts> string and change 1 to 0.
5. Press Command-S to save changes.
|4||BootCamp virtual machine doesn't work.||Create a new Windows virtual machine or use a native BootCamp partition to work with Windows.|
|5||The "Free Up Disk Space" button doesn't work.||No workaround yet.|
|6||Moving Windows apps between stages breaks cursor positioning.||No workaround yet.|