Building on Parallels RAS 17, version 18 expands the Parallels RAS Helpdesk portal to provide a modern web-based configuration and administration portal. The Management Portal is designed for administrators using a desktop/laptop computer or a mobile device to carry out configurations and day-to-day activities.
Version 18 provides administrators with the ability to:
- Centrally deploy, manage, and configure essential Parallels RAS components such as RD Session Hosts, Publishing Agents, and Secure Client Gateways.
- Publish various resources from RD Session Hosts.
- Configure Image Optimization and FSLogix Profile Container settings.
- Configure printing and scanning settings.
- Manage certificates.
- Configure connection settings.
- Monitor and manage user sessions.
- Configure mailbox.
- Manage your license.
- Contact support and provide necessary system reports.
Any modern browser supporting HTML5 such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
Before installing the Web Administration Service component, make sure that your Windows Server has the following updates installed (RAS Management Portal depends on them):
- Windows Server 2008 R2: — KB2999226 and KB2533623
- Windows Server 2012 R2 — KB2999226
- Newer versions of Windows Server do not require any specific updates.
The web service listens to web requests on the following ports by default. If needed, ports can be changed via configuration as described in KB 124701.
- HTTPS: 20443
- HTTP: 20080
Install the Web Administration Service component using standard Parallels RAS Installer. For larger environments (2000+ concurrent users per farm), we recommend installing Web Administration Service on a dedicated machine. Further information available in KB 124988.
To install RAS Web Administration Service:
- Run the Parallels RAS installer (the same one you use to install other Parallels RAS components) on the server where RAS Publishing Agent is running.
- On the Select Installation Type page, select Custom.
- On the next page, select to install the Parallels RAS Web Administration Service component.
- Click Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
A custom port, certificate, and other settings can be configured as described in KB 124701.
Using Management Portal
Once the Web Administration Service component is installed, you can access the Management Portal using the URL (with default port): https://<SERVER_ADDRESS>:20443. Management Portal can also be accessed from the Parallels folder in the Start menu: