- No Internet connection in Windows.
- Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus is installed.
In Event Viewer (CMD+R > eventvwr.msc > Windows Logs > System) following errors are presented:
Event ID 3002 Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed. Feature: Network Inspection System Error Code: 0x80070005 Error description: Access is denied. Reason: The system is missing updates that are required for running Network Inspection System. Install the required updates and restart the computer
Microsoft Security Essentials updates are not installed.
- Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus.
- Restart Windows. Check that Internet connection is working now.
- Download Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus from the official web page and install all updates that will be suggested.
- Restart Windows and check that Internet connection is still working fine.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.