Files located in the Mac Shared folder
/Users/Shared are not displayed in Windows.
The Mac files located in the
Shared folder have the
/Users/Shared/ physical path but only
Home directory that has
/Users/yourUserName/ path is shared in WIndows virtual machine configuration.
You may choose on of the following options:
Set up a custom shared folder
- Open Windows virtual machine's configuration > Options > Sharing > click on Custom Folders.
- Click on "+" then in the opened window go to the path
MacintoshHD\Users\Shared, click Open to add the folder.
- Shared folder will be added to User-defined macOS folders list, click OK to apply.
- Start Windows virtual machine, on the desktop click on Mac Files > Shared to get the access.
Or you can open File Explorer > go to This PC > Shared on 'Mac' to get the same location.
Share All disks
- Open Windows virtual machine's configuration > Options > Sharing > click on Share folders > choose All disks.
- Start Windows virtual machine, on the desktop click on Mac Files > AllFiles >
/Users/Sharedto get the access.