I would like to connect my Bluetooth device straight to the virtual machine. How can I do that?
Starting with Parallels Desktop 16, we enhanced Bluetooth support for Windows virtual machines.
- Bluetooth device recently used in the virtual machine is reconnected to it automatically on the next VM start.
- Secure Simple Pairing feature now allows connecting a Bluetooth device without PIN code.
Starting with Parallels Desktop 15, Parallels Desktop supports and completely emulates Bluetooth 4.0.
To share your Bluetooth devices with a virtual machine do the following:
Open virtual machine configuration > Hardware > USB & Bluetooth and enable Share Bluetooth devices with Windows:
In Windows go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Click Add Bluetooth or other device button, then follow on-screen instructions to pair your device.
With Bluetooth sharing you can:
- Search for devices;
- Lookup advanced device data;
- Lookup the list of profiles, supported by the device;
- Couple virtual machines with the device;
- Send/Sync files;
- Use com-port, modem, etc.
Supported guest Operating Systems:
- Windows XP and higher; Bluetooth 4.0 - Windows 8, 8.1, 10.
- Mac OS 10.5.x and higher;
- Linux. Bluetooth 4.0 supported starting from kernel 3.13.
- ActiveSync profile is not supported (used in Windows Mobile devices).
- Bluetooth mouse and keyboard cannot be connected straight to the guest OS to avoid Mac loosing controllers.