SymptomsI get the following error when trying to convert my virtual machine:
Error 41300: Failed to convert the virtual machine
If you are trying to convert a VMware Fusion virtual machine:
- Make sure VMware Fusion virtual machine is not encrypted
- Try to Split and then "Unsplit" the VMware Fusion virtual machine hard disk in virtual machine settings before converting it to a Parallels Desktop virtual machine
- The VMware virtual machine file name may contain unsupported symbols like '/', '*','&' or different - rename the virtual machine and try to convert it again.
Make sure your Virtual Machine is hard disk errors free
- Run chkdsk (checkdisk) utility in your Windows virtual machine to fix possible hard disk issues and try to convert it again.
Make sure your Mac has enough hard disk space
- Make sure that there is at least twice more free space on your destination hard disk than the source virtual machine's size.
- Restart Parallels Desktop and try to restart the conversion.