With Parallels Desktop for Mac you can use Windows that you set up using VMware Fusion, Microsoft Virtual PC, and Virtualbox.
- Please make sure you deleted previous tools from your virtual machine (old Parallels Tools or VMware tools, etc.)
Fully Shut down your virtual machine - do not suspend the virtual machine and do not put it in hibernate mode.
- Open Parallels Desktop (in the Applications folder) and choose File > Open.
Select the Windows data file you want to import, then click Open.
- Parallels Desktop data files end with .pvm.
- VMware files end with .vm (.vmx for older versions).
- Virtual PC files end with .vmc.
- VirtualBox files end with .xml or .vbox.
You can also simply drag a Parallels .pvm file to the Parallels Virtual Machines list to add it to Parallels Desktop.
- Start Windows.
- Choose Actions > Install Parallels Tools and follow the onscreen instructions.
I converted my VM to Parallels, but I have an issue
- #112419: Error 41300: Failed to convert the virtual machine
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.