SymptomsParallels Desktop displays the following error:
Unable to connect to the Parallels Update site.
Resolution1. Check if your Internet connection is working properly, and access to update.parallels.com from your Mac is not blocked by any firewall:
- Open the Terminal application from Applications/Utilities/ and paste the command as is into Terminal and hit Enter:
Press Control+C after 10 seconds to interrupt the command.
Normal output should look like:
$ ping update.parallels.com
PING abc.dfg.net (184.108.40.206): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=107.068 ms
64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=107.166 ms
64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=102.212 ms
64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=105.030 ms
64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=4 ttl=54 time=107.143 ms
64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=5 ttl=54 time=112.620 ms
64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=6 ttl=54 time=102.609 ms
64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=7 ttl=54 time=107.737 ms
64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=8 ttl=54 time=104.039 ms
64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=9 ttl=54 time=103.752 ms
64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=10 ttl=54 time=104.129 ms
64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=11 ttl=54 time=106.341 ms
--- abc.dfg.net ping statistics ---
12 packets transmitted, 12 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 102.212/105.820/112.620/2.732 ms
If you get a different output containing error messages, it means that your Mac is unable to reach Parallels Update site - check this article for solution: 113745
ERROR: Unable to check for updates
Note: In case the output you get is the same as above but you still receive the stated error message, please follow the steps below:
- Send Problem report to Parallels Support team using this article (remember Problem report ID): 9058
- Contact Parallels Technical support to investigate the issue: www.parallels.com/support/ (provide support with Problem report ID, list all the steps you have performed).
- To get the fast resolution, please follow guidance in this article: 112178 in order to download the update manually.
For proxy settings:
1) Please contact you system administrator for assistance.
2) Disable proxy in System Preferences - Network - Active connection - Advanced... - Proxy