Before upgrading Parallels Remote Application Server to v18 please review the list of the known issues: Parallels RAS v18 Known Issues
Note: Direct upgrade from v16.2 (and lower) to v18 is not supported. It is recommended to upgrade in two stages as follows:
- Stage 1: Upgrade from Remote Application Server version 16.2 to Remote Application Server v16.5
- Stage 2: Upgrade from Remote Application Server version 16.5 to Remote Application Server v18 (v18.1 / v18.2 / 18.3)
Stage 1: Upgrade Preparation
- Read the documentation below to review all changes and added features for the latest version:
- Ensure that your Parallels Remote Application Server license has valid upgrade insurance. Upgrade insurance is not automatically included with a Support contract.
- Take snapshots of environments configured on virtual servers, primarily on the RAS Console/ License server.
- Copy and save the license key activated on the current installation from the RAS Console > Licensing.
- Collect additional information about the current Remote Application Server installation from the RAS Console > Help > About.
- Export the configuration file and save it to another location.
Stage 2: Upgrade Requirements
- Internet access is required on the Parallels RAS Console Server to install the software and activate the license.
- For all upgrades, it is highly recommended to schedule a time when your users aren’t active on your system.
- Older versions of Parallels Reporting are not compatible with newer versions of Parallels Remote Application Server. You can download a corresponding version of RAS Reporting here.
- Older versions of HALBs are not compatible with newer versions of Parallels Remote Application Server. You can download a corresponding version of HALBs here.
Stage 3: Upgrade Procedure
Proceed to upgrade the Parallels Remote Application Server environment from the RAS Console/License server by going to Parallels RAS Console > Administration > Software Update tab > Check now > Update. Alternatively, download the installer here and run IT on the Primary Publishing Agent. This will upgrade the Primary Publishing Agent.
It is recommended after the Primary Publishing Agent, the Secondary Publishing Agent is upgraded followed by the rest of the components. Once the Secondary Publishing Agent is upgraded, you can proceed to upgrade other components of the Parallels Remote Application Server agents configured to the farm/ site.
NOTE: Should you have multi-site Farm, in order to upgrade secondary sites, do the following:
Once Primary Site upgraded and you log into the console still on Primary site, upgrade the secondary sites:
- From the left pane in the Console, select Farm
- In the list select Farm, right click on secondary site > Check Agent > Update.
- Once secondary site updated switch to that site and first update Secondary Publishing Agent and then the rest components.
- Log on to the RAS Console and ensure that all agents are verified.
NOTE: Upon launch, RAS Console will ask you to specify the Farm name you need to connect. You may either insert the Farm name, the hostname of Publishing Agent or just "localhost"
Stage 4: Final checks
- Please make sure that all server with Remote Application Server components rebooted.
- Log in to Remote Application Server Console and check if all agents are green (verified).
- Log in to Remote Application Server Console and check your license information from the Parallels RAS Console > Licensing. Also, ensure that the “Concurrent UBL” information is the correct user license count you have purchased.
If you require support during or after your upgrade, please contact our Support department.