Some features are hidden behind a feature flag in Parallels Secure Workspace and must be explicitly enabled.
These flags are therefore only shared on a need-to-know basis.
This can be the case for a variety of reasons:
- A feature is deprecated, but not entirely removed yet.
- A new feature is (being) implemented, but it may have unwanted side effects.
These features can be enabled with the API.
- Sign in to the Workspace as an administrator.
- Then, navigate to this URL: https://<workspace_env>/api/v2/configuration/1/
- In the output, look for feature_flags.
For example, the default is:
- At the bottom, click "Raw data".
- Replace the entire contents with this (replace "feature1" with the feature name provided by the support team):
Note: if in step 3 you had existing features, e.g.
"feature_flags": ["feature1"], you can copy those feature flags and append a new one.
"feature_flags": ["feature1", "feature2"]
- At the bottom, be very careful and hit [PATCH].