Session Merge: When enabled, the application can be merged into an existing application session.
The merge will only happen when the new application shares a number of settings with the existing applications in the session.
Required shared application settings:
- Allow Session Merge enabled Protocol is Remote Application
- Same Application Server
- Equal Recording settings
- Equal Smartcard settings
- Equal Unicode Keyboard Support settings
- Ask for Credentials disabled
- Same Context Policy labels
- Same RDS Collection labels
- Applications will start faster and consume fewer resources on the application server.
- Users will see multiple applications in the same application session when they resize or minimize one of the applications.
- Applications that are merged will also be shown together in the list of Active Sessions in the sidebar of the user.
- The color depth setting of the merged application will be ignored.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.