Parallels Secure Workspace allows copying and pasting content between applications, up to 5 MB in total. Parallels Secure Workspace supports two different implementations (v1 and v2). In the Workspace, navigate to the profile icon (bottom left) > Account Settings > Browser status page to see the version that's being used.
Note: Using the local clipboard is disabled for guests.
To check which version is in use: when in the Workspace, click on the profile icon (bottom left). Navigate to Account Settings > Browser Status.
Enabled if all these conditions are met:
- Using Parallels Secure Workspace in a Chromium-based browser (such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge).
- The Workspace is accessed in a secure context (using HTTPS).
- When the feature is not disabled by the administrator.
- When the user has granted clipboard access (browser permission). It's possible the user has postponed or accidentally denied this permission.
- Google Chrome: to the left of the URL in the browser's address bar, you will see a lock icon. Click on it and navigate to "Site settings". Scroll to "Clipboard" and set to "Allow". Close the browser and retry.
- Microsoft Edge: to the left of the URL in the browser's address bar, you will see a lock icon. Click on it and navigate to "Permissions for this site". Scroll to "Clipboard" and set to "Allow". Close the browser and retry.
|Streamed App||Streamed App||All formats|
|Streamed App||Local App *||Plain text, HTML, RTF **, PNG images|
|Local App *||Streamed App||Plain text, HTML, RTF ***, PNG images ****|
* Local app can be another browser app (e.g. Gmail) or an app locally running on the end user's device (e.g. Notepad).
** RTF (Rich Text Format) will be automatically converted to HTML.
*** RTF (Rich Text Format) can only be pasted to a Streamed App when using [CTRL] + V.
**** Pasting PNG images from a Local App to a Streamed App does not work for all Local Apps. Examples of unsupported Local Apps: Microsoft Photos, Ubuntu Image Viewer
|Streamed App||Streamed App||Text||All|
|Streamed App||Streamed App||Images||All|
|Streamed App||Streamed App||Complex Objects**||All|
|Local App*||Streamed App||Text||Laptops
|Works only with shortcuts:
Windows/Linux: [CTRL] + C and [CTRL] + V.
Mac OS X: ⌘C and ⌘V
|Streamed App||Local App*||Text||Laptops
Works only with shortcuts:
* Local app can be another browser app (e.g. Gmail) or an app locally running on the end user's device (e.g. Notepad)
** Example of a complex object: a full PowerPoint slide.