- While opening an application in Parallels Secure Workspace (RemoteApp, RDP app or an RDP desktop), an application is repeating the first character that is typed.
- No characters are being sent to the application at all.
Strange typing behavior such as repeated characters or the inability to type is usually caused by an application that is not compatible with the Unicode Keyboard format (used by default in Parallels Secure Workspace).
- Open the System Settings.
- Go to Manage > Applications > select the application.
- Expand the Advanced Settings.
- Change Unicode Keyboard Support to Disabled. Users will have to close their RDS sessions and log out of and back into the Workspace for the change to take effect.
- Every end user should set the correct keyboard in their Workspace account settings as this is used for any non-unicode applications.
- In the Workspace, click on the username in the bottom left.
- Then click Account settings and change the keyboard layout.