When starting an application session in Awingu, an error is shown:
A terminal license server could not be found to provide a license
On the Microsoft Windows Server RDS infrastructure, there is an issue with the terminal license server.
Source: Activate the Remote Desktop Services license server | Microsoft Docs
Activate the license server
- Open the Remote Desktop Licensing Manager: click Start > Administrative Tools > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Licensing Manager.
- Right-click the license server, and then click Activate Server.
Some organizations have a group policy where the license server is explicitly defined.
In such cases:
- On the RDS host, open the Local Group Policy editor.
- Navigate to Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Licensing.
- Verify Use the specified Remote Desktop license servers and check if the correct server is specified.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.