- Enable the recording and configure the share where recordings will be saved:
- Navigate to System Settings > Configure > User Connector: Application Sessions
- Recordings Upload: Enabled
- Recordings Upload URL:
- For HTTP: http://username:password@server:port/path/to/save
- For HTTPS: https://username:password@server:port/path/to/save
- For SMB/CIFS: smb://WORKSPACEDOMAIN\username:password@server:port/path/to/save
- server can be defined as hostname.domain.local or with the IP address
- port does not need to be specified if the standard HTTP/HTTPS ports or CIFS ports are used
- WORKSPACEDOMAIN is crucial: the Parallels Secure Workspace domain name (System Settings > Global > Domains) may be different from the Microsoft Windows FQDN domain name or NETBIOS name.
For example: if there is a share where a Windows user account "windowsdomain.org\windowsusername" has access to and there is an EXAMPLEWORKSPACEDOMAIN configured where the FQDN is set to windowsdomain.org and the NETBIOS domain name to WINDOWSDOMAIN, the SMB URL must be specified as smb://EXAMPLEWORKSPACEDOMAIN\windowsusername:password@server:port/path/to/save .
- Navigate to System Settings > Manage > Labels and validate if the label record: exists.
- Create the label if necessary.
- To configure an application to be recorded:
- Navigate to System Settings > Manage > Applications
- Select the Application you want to record and scroll to Advanced Settings.
- Add the label record: to the Labels field.
- To configure a specific user or group of users to be recorded:
- Navigate to System Settings > Configure > User connector: Application Sessions.
- Add the user/group label to the Recorded Users.
This configuration will enable the recording of Applications and/or users/groups.
The user will be informed that their session will be recorded. They will need to accept this in order to start their session.
The recorded files can be viewed using Parallels Secure Workspace's built-in Recorded Sessions Player (app).