This article explains how to install Windows on a Chromebook after the system administrator created a Windows Image and configured Parallels Desktop in Google Admin console.
Enroll User Chromebooks
Before a user can sign in to a Chromebook, the device must be enrolled into management. For the information about enrolling a Chrome device, please see the following Google article:
Installing Windows on a Chromebook
To install Windows on a Chromebook, do the following:
- Sign in to the Chromebook using credentials given by the system administrator.
- Open Launcher.
- Locate the Parallels Desktop icon
- Click the icon. The Set up Parallels Desktop on your Chromebook dialog opens. Click Install.
- The Parallels Desktop Windows image (virtual machine) is downloaded to the user's Chromebook and the dialog displays the download progress.
- After the download is complete, the Windows image archive is unpacked and is prepared to run on the Chromebook. When the image is ready, you'll see the Launch button. Click it to start Windows.
- Windows starts in its own window and can be used to run Windows applications on the Chromebook:
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.