Minimum Operating System Requirements and Supported Components
With the release of version 18, Parallels Remote Application Server (RAS) will be updating its minimum operating system requirements and deprecating certain components and features.
Parallels RAS Components:
- Parallels Publishing Agents and Secure Client Gateways will be supported on Windows Server 2008 R2 and above.
Changes in the Parallels RAS PowerShell Cmdlets:
- Renaming of PowerShell module from PSAdmin to RASAdmin.
- Adding the "RAS" prefix to cmdlet names – Old command names will be supported as aliases for backward compatibility.
Parallels RAS VDI Components
- Parallels VDI Agent will be supported on Windows Server 2008 R2. Microsoft Hyper-V, as a VDI provider, will be supported on Windows Server 2012 R2 and above.
The following VDI components will no longer be supported:
- Standalone VDI Agent Appliance
- Citrix Hypervisor as a VDI provider
- QEmu KVM with Libvirt as a VDI provider
- Removal of built-in Turbo.net public repository integration.
- Parallels Client for Android will be supported on Android 5.0 and above.