In some of the cases (Parallels RAS processes or Parallels Client for Windows
This article describes how to do it using ProcDump utility.
- Prepare ProcDump tool to collect dump:
- Download ProcDump on the server in question.
- Create a folder where dumps will be stored (e.g. C:\Dumps)
- Unzip the archive and put
the created directory. into
- Check if the process in question is running. If it is not, launch it manually or restart the corresponding system service (depending on the case);
- On the server open Elevated Command Prompt and switch to the folder where
procdump.exeis located using the cd command, e.g. cd C:\Dumps
- Execute the following command:
procdump-ma -e -t <PROCESS_NAME.EXE>
-ma – option to write a full dump file;
-e – option to write a dump when the process encounters an unhandled exception;
-t – option write a dump when the process terminates;
nameof the crashing process, e.g. 2XController.exe
- The dump will be generated in the folder (e.g. C:\Dumps) once the process crashes. Compress the folder and upload it on Parallels FTP share using
linkprovided by ParallelsSupport representative.