Note: With the release of macOS Catalina 10.15.4 update, Apple improved connectivity of Bluetooth devices.
In Parallels Desktop 15 you can connect Bluetooth controllers to Windows.
The following controllers are supported:
- Play Station DualShock 4
- Xbox One Bluetooth
- SteelSeries Nimbus
Set up the controller
It is important to have good batteries installed, the controller may not work correctly and will disconnect quickly with the weak ones.
- Open Windows virtual machine's configuration > Hardware > USB & Bluetooth > enable Share Bluetooth device with Windows option.
- In Windows navigate to Start menu > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > click on Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- In the appeared window choose Bluetooth.
NOTE: ignore Everything else option even though it mentions Xbox controller.
- Grab the controller, press and hold pairing button(s) depending on the controller you have got for several seconds until you see your device in the list, then click it.
- When you get macOS Connection Request pop-up from your controller, ignore it, go back to Windows instead.
- In Windows enter PIN
00for the controller, then select click Connect, then Done to finish the device installation.
IMPORTANT: if you shut down Windows you need to pair the controller again using the same steps.
However if you suspend/resume Windows virtual machine or restart Parallels Desktop without shutting down Windows, the controller will automatically reconnect, no need to pair it again in this case.
NOTE: before pairing the controller again remove the previously added controller from the paired devices list.
Xbox One controller fails to connect or loses connection shortly in Windows virtual machine
This can happen even if you have got good batteries installed in Xbox One.
To resolve it please do the following:
- Remove the controller from the paired devices list (Start menu > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Other devices).
- Shut down Windows virtual machine (Actions > Shut Down).
- Restart the Mac.
- Start Windows and pair the controller again.