I have a printer with several paper trays connected to my Mac and used as a shared printer for a Windows virtual machine.
When I try printing on Windows side I get an error message saying there's not enough paper.
In order to print from Windows side you need to switch the paper tray:
1) While in the document that you need to print, press Ctrl+P and click on Properties
2) Switch to Paper/Quality tab and change Paper source to Tray 1 or Tray 2 depending on which really contains paper in your printer
In case it didn't help, try another solution:
- Open Safari and follow this link https://localhost:631/printers/ . The browser will show CUPS.org page. If it won't, open Terminal (Finder - Applications - Utilities - Terminal) and execute the following command in it: cupsctl WebInterface=yes Then refresh the browser page
- Choose the printer that needs to be set up.
- Find Administration drop-box and choose Set Default Options.
- Change Paper source to Tray 2
- Click Set Default Options.