Consider the following scenario:
- Your Parallels RAS Farm components are located in multiple domains with trust between them.
- You're publishing resources for the users from multiple domains and filtering apps for groups.
- While using SID (secure identifiers) filtering, published resources are not listed to clients from trusted domains.
Misconfiguration. Users groups configured with the one or both following parameters:
- Group scope: Domain local
- Group type: Distribution
This setup does NOT support secure identifiers.
1. Please change the parameters of your groups to the following:
- Group scope: either Universal or Global
- Group type: Security
2. Convert filters to Secure Identifiers:
3. After that please ask user to log off/log on from Parallels Client, the apps which are filtered via SID will be listed.
Please note that we strongly recommend to use Secure Indentifiers only while filtering published resources. This is the preferred and fastest method. It supports group nesting and renaming. Other filtering types, especially LDAP using much more resources and in worst case scenario may overload your system.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.