A macOS virtual machine can be created only from a valid macOS image. Such images must be signed by Apple. If you find out that a macOS image has an outdated codesign certificate please try to find the respective image with a valid certificate.
I cannot install one of the old macOS versions in Parallels Desktop. The installation interrupts with the error message.
The codesign certificate of macOS image is expired.
First of all, please make sure the version you are trying to install is in the list of supported operating systems.
Then try to follow the instructions below:
1. Start a macOS virtual machine's creation as usual.
2. Wait until installation environment completely boots and you'll see macOS/OS X Utilities screen:
3. On the top Mac menu click on Utilities > Terminal:
4. Execute in Terminal the following command:
where XX is taken in accordance with the table below
|07||OS X 10.5 Server|
|09||OS X 10.6 Server|
|11||OS X 10.7|
|13||OS X 10.8|
|14||OS X 10.9|
|15||OS X 10.10|
|16||OS X 10.11|
For example, if you want to create a macOS 10.8 Mountain Lion virtual machine, you should execute the command date 010100002013 as shown below:
5. Exit from Terminal by clicking Terminal on Mac top menu and selecting the option Quite Terminal:
6. Proceed with the installation, following the on-screen instructions.