Sessions redirect doesn't work. Typical case:
- RAS Load Balancing option "Limit each user to one session per desktop" is enabled;
- Windows group policy "Restrict Remote Desktop Services users to a single Remote Desktop Services session" is enabled at RDS host;
- Published application is launched from Windows machine;
- The same user launches the same application from iPad later.
Expected results: Session at Windows machine closes, application opens at iPad in the same state;
Actual results: Session at Windows machine isn't affected, new session opens at iPad, user has two RD sessions at RDS host.
- Different color depth in connection settings of RAS Clients participating. Default value for Windows Client is 16-bit and 32-bit is for iOS Client, so redirecting wouldn't work, e.g. between iPad and Windows machine .
- "Disable session sharing" option ("Publishing" tab - Application properties - "Licensing" tab) enabled. Only applications without this option would be redirected together between clients.
The same color depth should be configured in connection properties of each RAS Client ("Display" tab); usage of Client Policies is advised.
In case of disabled session sharing such a behavior is normal.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.