Customers who purchased and registered a copy of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2017 through October 31, 2017, are eligible for an upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop for Mac at no charge, subject to certain conditions.
The conditions covering eligibility for an upgrade include:
Upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop at no additional cost if you purchased and registered Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac between August 1, 2017 and October 31, 2017.
Must be a qualifying product, the list is available below.
- Must be purchased from an authorized retailer. Non-authorized retailers are explained below.
Note: If you have a subscription for Parallels Desktop for Mac or Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition, you can upgrade Parallels Desktop to the latest version with the license you own. Download and install Parallels Desktop 13 and use your subscription license for activation. A subscription allows you to upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge as long as your subscription is valid.
How do I receive my upgrade key?
For eligible customers who activated and registered their product after August 1, 2017 and before October 31, 2017 upgrade keys will automatically be added to the Parallels account and you will receive an automatic upgrade notification via email.
You should receive your upgrade key automatically within 7 days after the new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac becomes available. The upgrade key will be sent to the email that was used for registration of your Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac license. Meanwhile, you can use a trial copy of Parallels Desktop 13.
If you have not yet registered your copy of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac, please register your key now by clicking here.
For more information please visit:
The following Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac products qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Full Version
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Upgrade
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Student License
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac OEM Version when either purchased together with hardware or other approved software products.
- Product must be registered on or after August 1, 2017 and before or on October 31, 2017.
The following Parallels Desktop for Mac products do not qualify for the Tech Guarantee:
- Trial versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac
- Licenses sold under the Volume License Program including PIK/PIKA, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition licenses and Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition licenses
- Not-for-resale (NFR) versions
- OEM Versions that are purchased unlawfully without hardware or qualifying software
- Parallels Desktop for Mac versions purchased and registered before August 1, 2017
Non-authorized retailers and reseller include but are not limited to:
Products purchased on eBay, Amazon Marketplace and sources that are not Parallels authorized resellers. For more information please visit: www.parallels.com/about/legal/reseller