The latest version
Parallels Desktop Lite 1.4.0 (19800)
This update for Parallels Desktop Lite 1.4.0 addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Up to 80 percent faster application launch.
- Up to 30 percent faster suspend operation on APFS partition.
- Up to 130 percent more frames per second in Shared Camera.
- Install Ubuntu 18.04, Fedora 28, and Linux Mint 19 in virtual machines right from Parallels Desktop.
- Support for mmap() in Linux Shared Folders.
- New pre-configured virtual machines with Debian GNU/Linux 9 and CentOS 7.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in openSUSE Leap 15 and Ubuntu Linux.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not working in Linux virtual machines with X Server 1.20.
- Resolves an issue with Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machines periodically crashing or locking up.
- Resolves an issue with Ubuntu 18.10 virtual machines not installing.
- Resolves an issue with not being able to mount the same shared folder twice in a Linux virtual machine.
- The new “Auto” mode for graphics allows Windows to use more than 2 GB of Mac system memory for graphics, while allowing Windows applications to use it when possible.
- Support for OpenGL 3.x in Windows virtual machines.
- Improved the way a virtual machine is displayed on 4K+ monitors:
- Reduced the system and graphics memory consumption;
- Increased performance when 3D acceleration is turned off.
- Improved the way a virtual machine is displayed on multiple monitors when the macOS “Displays have separate Spaces” option is turned off.
Ready for macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Parallels Desktop Lite supports Dark Mode.
- Use the virtual machine’s Edit menu to insert pictures from your iPhone or iPad into Windows applications.
- Quick Look in Windows has the same functionality as that in macOS.
- Parallels Desktop Lite uses the Mojave technology to take screenshots.
Integration with Mac
- Use your Mac’s camera that supports up to 4K resolutions in a virtual machine
- Use the Touch Bar to work with more Windows applications.
- The size of the virtual machine hard disk (.hdd file) is optimized by means of native Windows defragmentation.
- Backing up a virtual machine with Time Machine has been simplified. Now if you want to add a virtual machine to the backup list or exclude it from this list, just do what you need in the Time Machine preferences.
- Backing up a virtual machine with Acronis True Image has been improved.
- Easier way to get help from Parallels - click Help > Support Center to access the webpage where you can find the most popular knowledgeable articles, links to the Parallels forums, social media and technical documentation, get personalized support and much more.
- The “Free Up Disk Space” dialog has been redesigned and simplified. Now you can use it to reduce the amount of disk space occupied by all your virtual machines.
- A paused virtual machine resumes automatically when you drag a file to its window.
- As most of Windows customers have switched from Windows 8 to Windows 10, the “Enable swipe from edges” option is disabled by default in order not to confuse users.
- Windows Maintenance feature has been improved.
- For new virtual machines, the SmartGuard backup functionality now keeps 3 snapshots by default (not to occupy additional disk space).
- The Resource Monitor has been redesigned. Use it to check how much CPU and memory is consumed by your Mac and all virtual machines.
- Monitor the virtual machine CPU usage in the virtual machine status bar.
- When you click a macOS notification that a technical data report has been sent, the report ID is automatically copied to the clipboard.
Support for keyboard layouts
- Improved support for the German keyboard layout.
- Improved support for the Japanese keyboard layout.
- Added support for the Brazilian Portuguese keyboard layout.
Parallels Desktop Lite 1.3.3 (19752)
- Attach screenshots and other files to technical data reports.
- Resolves an issue with sound not playing in virtual machines after closing and then opening the MacBook’s lid.
- Resolves an issue with screen refresh rate becoming low when a virtual machine is started with the “Always ready in background” option selected.
- Resolves an issue with ~/§±£`Ð symbols not typed correctly in virtual machines.
- Resolves an issue with disproportionately scaled Windows after installing a Windows update.
- Resolves an issue with gamma settings being changed by Windows in Full Screen.
- Resolves an issue with unintended activation of Grayscale Mode in Windows 10 after pressing + holding the “Command” key and then pressing “C”.
- Resolves the following occasional issues in Windows virtual machines:
- slow login;
- unresponsive Start Menu;
- inability to use a keyboard with some apps.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in a Boot Camp virtual machine with Windows 10.
- Resolves an issue with app-related folders not visible in iCloud shared with Windows.
- Resolves an issue when the icons of applications started from Visual Studio 2013 didn’t appear in the Dock.
- Resolves an issue with MS Word 2011 for Mac saving doc/docx files to the C:\ drive only in the Read-Only mode.
- Resolves an issue with not being able to add the Boot Camp partition as a second disk to a virtual machine.
- Resolves a rare issue with Windows freezing when accessing a shared folder from the guest OS.
- Resolves an issue with Windows 10 crashing sometimes when searching for a particular address in Google Chrome > Google Maps.
- Resolves an issue with Windows crashing when starting TwinCAT 3 in Visual Studio.
- Resolves an issue with shared camera not working in Skype for Business.
- Resolves an issue with graphics artifacts in Battlefield 3.
- Resolves an issue with graphics artifacts when zooming images in Tekla Structures.
- Resolves an issue with PaintShop Pro not opening images on your Mac and not available in the “Open With” menu.
- Support for Ubuntu 18.04.
- Resolves an issue with Ubuntu 14.04 not starting after the Parallels Tools installation.
- Resolves an issue with the prl_eth driver not compiling for Linux kernel 4.15.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in Kali Linux 2018.1.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in Red Hat 7.5.
- Resolves an issue with iTunes quitting unexpectedly in macOS 10.8 and 10.9 virtual machines.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in macOS 10.13.3 virtual machines.
- Resolves an issue with macOS 10.13.4 virtual machines freezing on waking from sleep.
- Resolves an issue with not being able to upgrade macOS 10.13.3 virtual machines to macOS 10.13.4.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not working in macOS High Sierra virtual machines.
Parallels Desktop Lite 1.3.0 (19714)
This update for Parallels Desktop Lite 1.3.0 addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Now when you resize the virtual machine window or switch between view modes, the virtual machine screen resolution changes faster and more smoothly.
- The way Windows is displayed when the Retina Resolution > Scaled option is selected has been improved: the text became crisper and graphics sharper.
- Improved support for Zorin OS, Elementary OS, Kali Linux, and Manjaro Linux guest operating systems.
- Change the Parallels Desktop interface color—you can choose between the light gray and dark color schemes.
- Parallels Desktop informs you when some actions (for example, downloading and installing virtual appliances) become unavailable because of no Internet connection.
- Distinguish the virtual machines that have snapshots by the new snapshots icon, and use it to open the snapshots manager with a single click.
Parallels Desktop Lite 1.2.0 (19658)
This update for Parallels Desktop Lite 1.2.0 addresses overall stability issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Resolves an issue with the mouse speed changing when you start or stop virtual machines
- Resolves an issue with Windows 10 not booting after updating to Creators Update
- Resolves an issue with dragging and dropping files from Mac to Windows 10 Creators Update
- Resolves an issue with web pages opening in Windows 10 Creators Update instead of opening in Mac
- Resolves an issue with Windows 10 not installing from a USB thumb drive
Parallels Desktop Lite 1.1.0 (19626)
This is a maintenance update that improves stability, performance, and compatibility with modern operating systems.
Parallels Desktop Lite 1.0.2 (19602)
This update for Parallels Desktop Lite 1.0.2 (19602) addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fixes:
- Resolves an issue with the setting to “Pause Linux when possible” not being preserved
- Resolves an issue with Ctrl + click or tap not opening a context menu in virtual machines
- Resolves an issue with virtual machine and Parallels Desktop Lite application windows focus
- Resolves an issue with unexpected desktop space switching when using a virtual machine in full screen with external displays
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools installation failing in Fedora 24 virtual machines
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop Lite crashing when the application is quit
- Resolves an issue with printing from Windows using a shared Mac printer
Parallels Desktop Lite 1.0.1 (19564)
This update for Parallels Desktop Lite 1.0.1 (19564) addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fix:
- Improved Retina images
Parallels Desktop Lite 1.0.0 (19541)
Integration features between Mac and Windows, including productivity boosters are here to serve you. These features include, but aren't limited to:
- Use Mac gestures in Windows apps
- Time synchronization between Mac and Windows
- Mouse synchronization enables the mouse to move seamlessly between the Mac OS, Windows, and Linux
- Copy/Paste formatted text between Mac and Windows
- Drag and Drop files between Mac and Windows
- Share Mac Folders with Windows, including Desktop, Documents, Downloads
- Resize window to get desired Windows resolution
- 3D graphics acceleration up to Direct X10.1
- Use Mac printers in Windows
- Share Mac Location info with Windows