The virtual machine processor was reset by the operating system. error message is shown when working with a Windows virtual machine:
While Parallels Development Team is working on the permanent fix for this issue by disabling hybrid shutdown it's possible to temporary resolve the issue:
- Start Parallels Desktop.
- Launch the Windows virtual machine.
- Create snapshot: from the top menu bar select Actions > Create snapshot.
- Press command button to bring Start menu and then type cmd.
- You will see Command Prompt in suggestions, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
NOTE: Be sure that you run Command Prompt as Administrator or you will encounter the following error message:
- In the Command Prompt type powercfg -h off and hit Enter/Return.
- Check the behavior.
- Shut down the virtual machine and open its configuration.
- Switch to the Hardware tab and choose Boot Order menu.
Expand Advanced Settings dropdown menu and insert the following flag in the Boot flags section:
Close configuration window and check the behavior.