Parallels Mac Management v7.1 Update 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-126.96.36.199 (September 26, 2018)
Parallels Mac Management v7.1 Update 1 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-188.8.131.52) includes the following new features:
- Added support for macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Improvements and fixes:
- Changed minimum requirements for .Net from v3.5 to v4.0.
- “Set Variable” step was failing when executing non-OSD task sequences.
- “Join Domain” step was failing with the error “Unable to decrypt” when executing non-OSD task sequence in PKI-enabled environments.
- Parallels Mac Client was crashing while executing non-OSD task sequence if Parallels Proxy was unreachable.
- It was not possible to activate Parallels Mac Management on SCCM with TLS 1.2 enabled.
- “Required” and “Installed” statuses of the Apple software updates were not displayed in SCCM.
- FileVault 2 encryption status was reported incorrectly for Mac computers equipped with T2 chip.
- In rare cases, Parallels Mac Client was crashing while installing multiple software packages, applications, and task sequences at once.
- Subsequent prompts to turn on the required FileVault 2 encryption weren’t shown to the Mac users if they cancelled the first prompt and then rebooted the Mac.
- Software packages with postponed installation prevented other packages to start their installation.
- In rare cases, a Mac user was prompted to re-register Parallels Mac Client if several attempts to connect to Parallels Proxy had failed.
- The Install Application dialog didn’t show up for required application even if it was configured to display all notifications, making it impossible to postpone the installation.
- Recovery partition was copied twice when creating a NetRestore image for OS deployment.
Parallels Mac Management v7.0.3 Hotfix 3 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-184.108.40.206 (August 13, 2018) includes a fix to the following issue:
- Configuration of Parallels ConfigMgr Proxy may fail if SCCM Microsoft SQL Server is configured to use TLS 1.2.
Parallels Mac Management v7.0.2 Hotfix 2 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-220.127.116.11 (July 10, 2018) includes a fix to the following issue:
- The Parallels MDM service would not work under a non-privileged account.
Parallels Mac Management v7.0.1 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-18.104.22.168 (June 22, 2018) includes a fix to the following issue:
- Parallels ConfigMgr Proxy cannot be configured if the SCCM database name is not the default name.
Parallels Mac Management v7.0 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-22.214.171.124 (June 13, 2018) includes the following new features:
- Support for Internet-based management for Mac computers
- Non-OSD Task Sequences
- Offline macOS imaging from an external USB drive
- New installer with support for in-place upgrade scenarios
- Ability to send hardware inventory reports from Mac computers
Parallels Mac Management v7.0 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-126.96.36.199) includes the following improvements and fixes:
- Removed dependency on Microsoft .Net 3.5.
- Users will no longer see a prompt to provide their credentials if their Mac computers couldn’t connect to SCCM for a long period of time.
- Fixed an issue when task sequence step “Format and partition disk” was failing on APFS volumes.
- Fixed an issue when applying macOS image captured from HFS volumes was failing on APFS volumes.
- Fixed an issue when Parallels Mac client could change the system software updates catalog URL, even if it was configured by a third-party software.
- Fixed an issue when it was not possible to connect via SSH to a Mac computer that was booted from the network using a boot image captured from macOS 10.13 with enabled SSH access.
- Fixed an issue when MDM enrollment profiles with attached configuration profiles containing certificates could not be assigned to Mac computers.
- Fixed an issue when some Java update applications were not recognized as installed causing the dependent task sequence steps failure.
Parallels Mac Management Prerequisites Checker v6.1 build PMM-Prerequisites-Checker-188.8.131.52 (December 21, 2017)
This is an initial release of Parallels Mac Management Prerequisites Checker v6.1 (build PMM-Prerequisites-Checker-184.108.40.206). The Prerequisites Checker allow to check readiness of an SCCM infrastructure for Parallels Mac Management v6.x deployment.
Parallels Mac Management v6.1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-220.127.116.11 (October 10, 2017) includes the following new features:
- Support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- The Problem Report dialog now displays the hostname of the Mac computer from which the report has originating.
Parallels Mac Management v6.1 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-18.104.22.168) includes improvements and fixes to the following issues:
- Configuration settings for Parallels Desktop 12.1.2 (41525) and its virtual machines would not apply via Configuration Baselines.
- A dialog with a prompt to restart the Mac was not shown after an interactive software installation in some cases.
- The Published Date value was incorrectly formatted in Parallels Application Portal if Canada or UK was set in System Preferences > Language and Region.
- Publishing of software updates was failing with error "The actual length is greater than the MaxLength value" in some cases.
- Applying a baseline with the FileVault 2 configuration item was failing for domain users.
- Parallels Mac Client would fail to connect to Parallels Proxy in some cases.
- A link to the Parallels Mac Client installation package was not updated during Parallels MDM server reconfiguration.
- The deployment status for an installed software distribution packages in SCCM 1606 was reported as “Unknown”.
Parallels Mac Management v6.0 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-22.214.171.124 (August 31, 2017) includes fixes to the following issues:
- Parallels Task Sequence Wizard may fail to authenticate if LDAP signing is enabled.
- Format and Partition Disk TS step fails if the target volume has CoreStorage partition.
Parallels Mac Management v6.0 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-126.96.36.199 (July 24, 2017) includes the following new features:
- Ability to Wipe and Lock a Mac remotely.
- Support for Software Metering.
- Custom Settings payload added to the built-in Configuration Profile Configuration Item editor.
- Support for Maintenance Windows for software and Apple software update deployments.
- Support for Assignment Schedules for software deployments.
- New and updated Task Sequence steps:
- Install Application step added.
- Format and Partition Disk step added.
- Apply OS X Image step now includes an option to configure the destination partition.
- Join Domain step now includes an option to configure a confirmation before creating a mobile account.
- Task Sequence editor supports copy and paste of steps between task sequences.
- Parallels Mac Client can be automatically migrated to a new SCCM installation during the migration from the old SCCM infrastructure to the new one.
Parallels Mac Management v6.0 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-188.8.131.52 includes improvements and fixes to the following issues:
- Parallels Mac Client running on OS X 10.11.5 crashes when processing the Mac App Store Update for OS X El Capitan (091-10728).
- Configuration Profile editor wouldn’t save values of some combo-boxes.
- Parallels Mac Client crashes when syncing with Parallels Application Portal in some cases.
- Compliance status of a Configuration Baseline could be reported as “Compliant” when some of its items apply with failures in some cases.
- NetBoot worked incorrectly on new Macbook Pro (13”, 2016).
- Confusing "Quota violation" records were listed in pma_isv_proxy_service.log.
- It was impossible to register Parallels Mac Client manually using credentials from a different trusted forest.
- It was impossible to authenticate in the Task Sequence Wizard using credentials from a different trusted forest.
- Task Sequence Wizard was unresponsive in some cases.
- Parallels Mac Client auto-upgrade package would not be created if DP was configured with a self-signed certificate (PKI mode).
- Verification of the correct user name and password in the "Capture OS X Image" step was failing if the connection to the file share was already opened.
- Parallels MDM server was crashing if the Device Enrollment Profile contained a signed or encrypted MDM profile.
- List of items in the Configuration Manager console was not refreshed automatically after creating Configuration Profiles, OS X images, and Task Sequences for Macs.
- Icons in message boxes on high dpi resolutions were rendered incorrectly.
- If "Program Name" of a package in the Install Software Task Sequence step contained the apostrophe symbol, then the package could not be install.
- Parallels Mac client was sending reports about Windows updates.
- Device Enrollment Profiles would still install on DEP devices even if a profile was already unassigned.
- Software package installation would not initiate if it was installed once, even if after the software was removed.
- It was impossible to configure Parallels Proxy if the user account for the configuration procedure and for running the service was the same (privileged user).
Parallels Mac Management v5.0 Update 1 Hotfix 2 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-184.108.40.206 (June 9, 2017) includes the fix for the following issue:
- Parallels Mac Client running on OS X 10.11.5 keeps crashing when processing the Mac App Store Update for OS X El Capitan (091-10728).
Parallels Mac Management v5.0 Update 1 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-220.127.116.11 (February 27, 2017) includes the following fixes:
- NetBoot worked incorrectly on new MacBook Pro (2016).
- Parallels Software Update Service couldn’t process some Apple software updates and the software updates publishing stopped working.
- Parallels Proxy stopped working in some cases after the migration to another server.
- Parallels Proxy configuration utility couldn’t configure Parallels Mac Client automatic upgrade if there were malfunctioning distribution points.
- Some commands from SCCM console timed out when there were too many problem reports on the Parallels Proxy server.
Parallels Mac Management v5.0 Update 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-18.104.22.168 (December 16, 2016) includes the following new features and improvements:
Added support for new steps in Task Sequences for Macs:
- Execute Script.
- Apply Configuration Profile.
The following issues have been fixed:
- Capture OS X image on 10.12.1 was failing in some cases.
- Task Sequence Wizard was freezing when booting from network on Macs with Nvidia graphics.
- Macs failed to boot after applying OS X image with OS X 10.11.5 and 10.11.6.
- Duplicate device records appeared on Mac enrollment in some cases.
Parallels Mac Management v5.0 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-22.214.171.124 (November 22, 2016) includes a fix to the following issue:
- Depending on the time-zone of the SCCM server, it might take several hours for the license to become activated.
Parallels Mac Management v5.0 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-126.96.36.199 (November 10, 2016) includes the following new features:
- Enroll and manage Macs via Apple DEP
- Mac Admin tool: Parallels Mac Client push installation
- Mac Admin tool: Collect inventory on request
- Mac Admin tool: Execute script
- License management for Parallels Mac Management
- Support for Windows Server 2016
- Support for macOS Sierra (10.12)
Parallels Mac Management v4.5 Hotfix 2 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-188.8.131.52 (August 19, 2016) includes fixes to the following issues:
- Macs with Fusion Drive could not be encrypted with FileVault2 Configuration Item.
- State messages sent from Parallels Mac Clients could overload Parallels Proxy in some cases.
- The Task Sequence Wizard was using subnet broadcasts instead of global broadcasts when obtaining information about the available OS X system images.
- Compliance Settings could not be retrieved in some cases.
- iMacs model 17.1 could not be booted over the network.
Parallels Mac Management v4.5 Update 2 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-184.108.40.206 (July 20, 2016) includes the following new features and improvements:
- Automatic re-issue of expired Parallels Mac Client PKI certificates.
The following issues have been fixed:
- Task Sequence Wizard crashed on start if NetBoot image was created on OS X 10.9.
- Parallels Mac Clients could overload Parallels Proxy with reports about Windows updates accidentally deployed to Macs.
Parallels Mac Management v4.5 Update 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-220.127.116.11 (April 25, 2016) includes the following new features and improvements:
- Improved Operating System Deployment:
- Added the ability to specify client UDP ports used by the Apply OS X Image task sequence step.
- Improved OS X Software Update:
- Added state reporting for optional software updates.
- Added support for web proxy (HTTP).
The following issues have been fixed:
- Parallels Proxy couldn't be configured for Parallels Mac Client automatic upgrade in secondary sites.
- OsdImageBuilder was deleting the contents of a non-empty target folder when capturing a NetBoot image.
- Parallels Proxy couldn't find management points in some cases.
- Problem Monitor installed on CAS was trying to connect to Parallels Proxy.
- Parallels Mac Client couldn't be installed on a Mac by Parallels Network Discovery if the Mac already existed as a resource in SCCM.
- Parallels Mac Client would crash repeatedly in some cases, wasting the Mac’s CPU time.
- Some reports on Desired Configuration Management didn't work for configuration items running scripts.
- The Installation of software updates on Macs would freeze and require a reboot in some cases.
- The Task Sequence Wizard didn't work on Macs with non-integrated video adapters if a NetBoot image was captured from OS X 10.11.
- Configuration profiles with a password for deletion couldn't be deleted on OS X 10.10/10.11.
Parallels Mac Management v4.5 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-18.104.22.168 (April 7, 2016) includes the following fixes:
- Resource names were changed from computer names to DNS names of Macs.
- OS X Software Update Management component couldn't be installed on Windows 2008.
- PMM Proxy could not be configured in the infrastructure containing several Primary Sites joined to CAS.
- Mac Client crashed when processing Application policies with some specific detection methods.
- NetBoot and NetRestore images were repeatedly uninstalled if NetBoot couldn’t access WMI objects due to time out.
- Mac Client could try accessing Internet-facing MP locations from the intranet.
Parallels Mac Management v4.5 GA for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-22.214.171.124 (March 10, 2016) includes the following new features and improvements:
- OS X Software Update Management (also referred to as OS X Patch Management).
Active Directory System Discovery support, including:
- Push installation of Parallels Mac Client to resources found by Active Directory System Discovery.
- Updating the domain-specific information of domain-joined Macs by Active Directory System Discovery.
Note: Prior to this release, user account settings for Parallels Network Discovery had to be configured using the Accounts tab page on the Parallels Network Discovery Properties dialog. These settings have been moved to the new Parallels Mac Client Push Installation Properties dialog, which is now used for both discovery methods. For more information, please see the Configuring Parallels Mac Client Push Installation Properties section in the Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM Administrator's Guide.
Creating OS X Operating System Images using the Capture OS X Image task sequence step.
Note: OS X Boot Images created in previous versions of Parallels Mac Management must be re-created after upgrading to Parallels Mac Management v4.5.
Automatic upgrade of Parallels Mac Client on Macs.
Note: The automatic upgrade functionality will only work if a Mac computer has Parallels Mac Client v4.5 or newer installed.
- Reporting the Mac logon information as part of hardware inventory.
- Application deployment status reporting.
- Improved usability of the Task Sequence Wizard.
The following issues have been fixed:
- Greatly improved usability of the Parallels Application Portal, including fixes to the following issues:
- Applications would not install if you try to install too many of them at once.
- Incorrect application status displayed if the application data in SCCM changes.
- Application detection failure occurs after you recreate the deployment.
- Installation deadline for required applications ignored.
- OS X Image Deployment and Task Sequence issues that were fixed:
- An OS X boot image may have issues if created on a Mac where the recovery partition version doesn't match the OS X version on the active boot partition.
- A Mac booted from the network freezes in some cases.
- Fixes to issues that occurred when SCCM was configured using custom settings:
- Parallels Mac Client could not download policies in PKI when client signing was required.
- Software packages could not be downloaded from Distribution Points when custom ports were specified in Site Configuration > Site Properties in the Configuration Manager console.
- Parallels Proxy could not be configured if SCCM was connected to Microsoft SQL Server using non-default ports.
- Other fixes:
- Parallels Mac Client tried to connect to internet-facing MPs in some cases.
- Parallels Mac Client registration occasionally crashed on Macs on which the LocalHostName identifier was not set.
- The Parallels NetBoot service didn’t work with WDS on 32-bit Windows systems.
Parallels Mac Management v4.0 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-126.96.36.199 (October 6, 2015) adds the following new features:
- Support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Support for never-booted OS X images in Task Sequences for Macs.
- Optimized AppleCare Warranty status reporting.
The following issues have been fixed:
- Parallels Proxy is unable to process problem reports from Macs in rare cases.
- Desired configuration scripts report a failure if OS X 10.10 is selected as "Supported Platform".
- An application doesn't show up in Parallels Application Portal if the "Operating system" requirement is set to "Mac OS X 10.10".
- A Mac is named incorrectly when joining AD Domain if the Mac's hostname is not set.
- Parallels Mac client occasionally re-registers itself when requesting policies after the protocol for Parallels Proxy communication is changed from HTTP to HTTPS.
- An incomplete Parallels Mac client version info is displayed in the Parallels Mac Management app in System Preferences.
- Parallels Proxy crashes in Secondary Sites when switching MPs and DPs from HTTPS to HTTP.
- Wrong task sequences are shown in the Task Sequence Wizard when a Mac is booted via an external Ethernet adapter that is shared between other enrolled Macs.
- Wrong device and/or collection variables are used during task sequence execution if a Mac is booted via an external Ethernet adapter that is shared between other enrolled Macs.
- FileVault 2 information is not reported to SCCM if a Mac has no Recovery Partition.
- A Computer ID is set incorrectly when adding a Mac to AD domain via Task Sequence.
- A Task Sequence list contains duplicate records after repeated deployment.
Parallels Mac Management v4.0 GA for Microsoft SCCM build PMA2012-188.8.131.52 (July 24, 2015) adds new features to the Operating System Deployment / Task Sequence functionality:
Creating OS X Boot Image and OS X Operating System Image for NetBoot.
Note: OS X Images and Task Sequences for Macs created in previous versions of Parallels Mac Management must be re-created after upgrading to Parallels Mac Management v4.0.
- Support for Task Sequences for Macs, including the following task sequence steps:
- Install and enroll Parallels Mac Client
- Install Software
- Join Domain
- Set Hostname
- Set Variables
- Improvements to the Parallels Proxy pre-requisites diagnostic
The following issues have been fixed:
- Parallels Proxy configuration failed in some cases, even if prerequisites checking was successful.
- Prerequisites checking may fail if Parallels Proxy was installed on a host with no SMS Provider installed.
- Configuring Parallels Desktop Business Edition and Parallels virtual machine preferences via Compliance Settings didn’t work in some cases.
- Unattended installation and configuration of Parallels Proxy in Secondary Sites failed in some cases.
- Parallels Proxy couldn’t publish service information to Active Directory in some cases.
- Parallels Proxy installed on a Secondary Site was using security settings of the Parallels Proxy installed on the parent Primary Site.
Parallels Mac Management v3.5 Hotfix 2 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-3.5.2712.1136518) includes fixes to the following issues:
- In some cases, Parallels Mac Client located in a Secondary Site fails to retrieve policies after it is registered with SCCM.
- Software distribution states are not reported correctly to SCCM when Parallels Proxy is configured to use Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Parallels Proxy crashes occasionally.
- Applications larger than 4 GB fail to install on a Mac.
- Parallels Mac Client log file grows excessively in some cases.
Parallels Mac Management v3.5 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-3.5.2672.1126617) includes fixes to the following issues:
- Parallels Mac Client stops working on a Mac until a restart if the corresponding resource is deleted in the Configuration Manager console.
- Log rotation stops working on a Mac if the disk space is low.
- Mac Client crashes occasionally.
- The Network Discovery procedure tries to log into non-Mac devices.
- The Network Discovery procedure doesn't work properly with AD site boundaries in a multiple domain infrastructure.
- A Mac Client located in a child AD domain can't find the Proxy located in the root AD domain.
- Active Directory users can't use the PMM functionality if the Proxy is running under a user account from a different Active Directory domain.
- The Proxy crashes occasionally if the domain controller is not accessible from the Proxy host.
- The Proxy can't connect to the SMS Provider after the SMS Provider host is restarted.
- Hardware inventory is not collected for a Mac if the Mac's serial number is missing.
- An extra period (".") is appended to the System Name for Macs in Hardware Inventory.
- The computer model is displayed instead of the hostname in the Hardware Inventory > Computer System field.
- The hostname is used instead of the processor name in Hardware Inventory.
- When 2 or more versions of Microsoft Outlook are installed on a Mac, only one is reported in Hardware Inventory.
- In some instances, Parallels Mac Client fails to register with SCCM if the Mac is connected to the corporate network via VPN.
Parallels Mac Management v3.5 GA for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-3.5.2624.1112954) includes the following new features and improvements:
- Added a prerequisite checking functionality to the Parallels Proxy Configuration Wizard.
- Added ability to initiate machine policy evaluation cycle on multiple Macs using the Configuration Manager console.
- Added automatic firewall configuration for Parallels Mac Management services running on Windows computers.
- Added Customer Experience Program reporting.
The following issues have been fixed:
- An incorrect site code was shown in the SCCM Admin Console for the Macs in a Secondary Site, which were enrolled by network discovery.
- A Mac Client wouldn't retry requesting policies if Parallels Proxy failed to connect to it after the user pressed the Connect button in the Parallels Mac Management section of the OS X System Preferences application.
- An application status in the Parallels Application Portal was misleading in some cases.
- The custom report installation process was failing while configuring Parallels Proxy on a machine without the .Net Framework installed.
- The location of the SCCM report server was not detected in some cases.
- Multiple PKI certificates were occasionally generated for Mac Clients when a remote SQL server was unreachable from the Proxy server.
- Parallels Proxy service didn't work in a Secondary Site despite the successful Proxy configuration.
- Mac Client policy download would stop working after the Proxy configured in the HTTPS mode was migrated to a different server.
- The hardware model of a Mac was displayed as a computer name in a device collection in some cases.
- The Parallels Proxy service was unable to connect to SCCM, and required a restart, after the SMS Provider was restarted.
- FileVault 2 wouldn't start an encryption operation on some file system configurations.
- Proxy configuration utility couldn't access Universal Security Groups from the AD root.
Parallels Mac Management v3.1 HotFix 2 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-3.1.2456.1079331) includes the following fixes:
- OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) compatibility fixes.
- Fixed an issue where problem reports were missing the information about Application Portal.
- Fixed an issue with the Application Portal indexing service occasionally crashing.
- Fixed an issue where the installation status of some applications was reported incorrectly in Application Portal.
Parallels Mac Management v3.1 HotFix 1 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-3.1.2384.1067112) includes the following fixes:
- Application Portal - added tooltips to the Remove button explaining why the button is disabled, thus not allowing to remove an application.
- Application Portal - fixed an occasional issue where the displayed installation status for an application would be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue with Mac Client crashing when running under a domain user account on a domain-joined Mac.
- Problem Monitoring was improved to better handle large number of automatically generated problem reports.
- Fixed an issue where System Profiler would occasionally crash while Mac Client was collecting hardware inventory.
Parallels Mac Management v3.1 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-3.1.2340.1055668) includes the following new features and improvements:
- Added ability to initiate policy download from Mac Client.
- Added ability to uninstall Applications via Parallels Application Portal on Mac.
- Added sorting of applications in Parallels Application Portal.
- PKI certificates are now stored in Keychain on Macs.
- Personal FileVault 2 recovery keys are now stored in Keychain on Macs.
The following issues have been fixed:
Parallels Application Portal Fixes
- Applications disappeared from Parallels Application Portal when new applications were assigned to Macs in some cases.
- Application installation status was reported incorrectly in some cases.
- New applications did not appear in the list until Parallels Application Portal was restarted.
- Parallels Application Portal crashed sometimes after updating the list of applications.
- Localized application information was not shown in Parallels Application Portal.
- NetBoot configuration utility now checks the correctness of the path to OS X images.
- NetBoot configuration utility didn't show error messages when admin had insufficient permissions for configuration in some cases.
- NetBoot crashed in Secondary Sites in some cases.
- Proxy configuration utility wasn't importing Apple Warranty Information and File Vault 2
- Information reports in some SCCM installations.
- Software Distribution stopped working after losing Proxy sometimes.
- Network Discovery now works correctly with large number of boundaries.
- Mac Client configuration had incorrect Site Code when enrolled in Secondary Sites manually.
- Duplicate records were created in SCCM when enrolling Mac Clients manually.
- Resource ID changed when Mac Client was reinstalled manually in Secondary Sites.
Parallels Mac Management v3.0 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM (build PMA2012-3.0.2254.1038815) includes the following fixes:
- Support for SQL clusters
- Support for virtual SQL Server names and naming SQL Server instance
- Fixed an issue with failed Proxy configuration on SCCM CAS
- Support for custom ports for software distribution
- Fixed an issue with Proxy Configuration wizard crashing on multi-domain configuration
Parallels Mac Management v3.0 for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA2012-3.0.2233.1033773) includes the following new features and improvements:
- Support for HTTPS communication with SCCM and Windows PKI
- Support for SCCM 2012 Applications
- Self-service Application Portal for Mac users
- Apple warranty information reporting for enrolled Macs
- Support for personal recovery keys for FileVault 2 full-disk encryption
Ability to use SCCM site boundary information in Network Discovery configuration settings
The following issues have been fixed:
- NetBoot didn't work on Windows Server 2012
- It was impossible to configure NetBoot in Secondary Sites in some cases
- Sometimes WDS was stopped during NetBoot configuration
- Mac Client was unable to authenticate to Proxy with the correct credentials on OS X 10.6
- FileVault 2 encryption status was not reported if it was invoked with expired certificate
- .Net version was not mentioned in the prerequisites section of the Administrators Guide
- Software packages was not installed if there was not enough space in package cache
- Non-descriptive message was shown when Mac Client was unable to register to Proxy if Mac was outside of the SCCM site boundaries
- Mac Client could show the registration dialog if Mac was outside the corporate network sometimes
- It was impossible to configure Proxy under local administrator in some cases
- Mac Client was using the random domain controller instead of the one which was assigned to the local network
Parallels Mac Management v2.5 Update1 for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA2012-2.5.1992.979586 and PMA2007-2.5.1993.979737) includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixed: NetBoot server crashes after losing connection to SCCM site server.
- Fixed: OS X image is not removed from the NetBoot server after the image is deleted via the SCCM Console.
- Fixed: The older OS X image is not removed when updated to a newer version.
- Fixed: Failure to deploy an OS X image installed on a single NetBoot server while other NetBoot servers are running.
- Fixed: Scripts with multiple lines of code fail to run due to invalid line endings.
- Fixed: Incorrect compliance status is reported for scripts when no rules are defined for a Configuration Item.
Mac OS X 10.6 Issues
- Fixed: Parallels Mac Agent wouldn't start if installed in OS X 10.6 by the Network Discovery procedure.
- Fixed: Parallels Mac Agent crashes when uninstalled from OS X 10.6.
- Fixed: The Mac Agent GUI is not working properly after the upgrade from version 2.5 RTM.
- Fixed: Configuration Profiles that require user interaction install silently in some cases.
- Fixed: Mac resource names in SCCM are erroneously truncated if the name contains the "." symbol.
- Fixed: The Problem Monitor fails to connect to SCCM Proxy if its communication ports are changed after the reconfiguration.
- Fixed: Incorrect site code is stored in the Parallels Mac Agent configuration when Mac is assigned to a Secondary Site.
- Fixed: Parallels Mac Agent crashes on a Mac when the system administrator selects the Mac in the Configuration Manager Console and uses the "Send Problem Report" option.
- Improved: When Parallels Mac Agent fails to connect to the Configuration Manager Proxy, and cannot locate it through DNS, it will obtain the Proxy location from the Active Directory database.
Parallels Mac Management v2.5 RTM for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA2012-2.5.1880.961372 and PMA2007-2.5.1881.961510) includes the following new features and improvements:
- FileVault 2: detecting if Mac was decrypted or re-encrypted by the user.
- Support for Software Distribution options:
- Support for ISO packages.
- Actions taken after installation (Mac restart, user logoff) with user notifications.
- Ability to install a package with user or administrator rights.
- Ability for users to interact with the installation process.
- Package cache management.
- (SCCM 2012 only) Configuration Item: Execute Script.
- Configuration Profiles: Export/Import .mobileconfig file on DCM Item.
Major quality improvements in Desired Configuration Management.
The following issues have been fixed:
- FileVault 2 sometimes reported incorrect status.
- FileVault 2 didn't work on OS X 10.9 in some cases.
- Fixed applying Configuration Profiles according to schedule.
- Configuration Profiles were removed from Macs unintentionally in some cases.
- Configuration Profiles were not removed from Macs, even when removed from the corresponding Configuration Baselines.
- When the Configuration Profile configuration item was changed, its previous version was applied on Macs along with the new version.
- NetBoot could not distribute OS X image if there were several "SCCMContentLib" folders on a Distribution Point.
- Path to OSX images was not saved after the NetBoot reconfiguration.
- It was impossible to specify a path to *.nbi OS X image containing the NetBoot.dmg folder.
- NetBoot service required restart to be able to deploy the updated OS X image.
- It was possible to install the NetBoot server onto the server with disabled PXE server.
- SCCM Proxy crashed during Mac discovery in some cases.
- PKG directory packed into DMG was not installed during Software Distribution via :*dmg/*pkg:: command.
- Mac Client was consuming too much memory during software package deployment.
- "Symantec endpoint protection" installed with error in some cases.
- Installation of large software packages was failing in some cases due to the DMG timeout being too short.
- Some software packages were not delivered to Macs.
- Macs couldn't be automatically added to SCCM when the corresponding resource was removed from SCCM manually.
- It was possible to configure several SCCM Proxies with the same site code.
- Mac Clients in Secondary Site were using Management Point of a Primary Site in some cases.
Parallels Mac Management v2.1 RTM for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA2012-2.1.1741.944031 and PMA2007-2.1.1742.944086) includes the following additions:
- Implemented support for SCCM 2012 R2.
- Ability to deploy Mac OS X images via SCCM to Macs unknown to SCCM.
Parallels Mac Management v2.0 RTM Hotfix 2 for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA2012-2.0.1660.935459 and PMA2007-2.0.1659.935420) includes the following fixes and additions:
- Implemented support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Fixed an issue with Mac Agent crashing during hardware inventory collecting.
- Fixed an issue with Configuration Manager Proxy crashing if multiple management points are configured on the same site.
- Fixed an issue with the Mac Agent upgrade not working properly if multiple management points are configured on the same site.
- Fixed an issue with NetBoot server not finding image files if the content library on a distribution point is created on multiple hard drives [SCCM 2012].
Parallels Mac Management v2.0 RTM Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA2012-2.0.1612.924788 and PMA2007-2.0.1611.924774) includes numerous fixes and updates. The details are provided below.
Updates to the Mac OS X Configuration Profile functionality
- Fixed an issue when the profile editing dialog wouldn't open an existing profile if the Security & Privacy payload was already defined in it.
- Fixed an issue when the Mac Agent would unexpectedly remove a successfully applied configuration profile from a Mac.
- Fixed an issue when instead of the latest revision, all existing revisions of a Mac OS X configuration item would be applied on a Mac [SCCM 2012].
Updates to the Mac OS X Deployment functionality
- Fixed an issue in the Add OS X Operating System dialog that made it impossible to specify a path to the ".nbi" folder containing the NetBoot.dmg file.
- Fixed an issue when an OS X image distributed to the NetBoot server would not be updated without the NetBoot service restart.
- Fixed an issue when it was allowed to install a NetBoot server on a computer with PXE disabled [SCCM 2012].
- Fixed an issue when only a single OS X image would be shown on a Mac during the EFI boot (the Alt key pressed) despite the fact that multiple task sequences were created and deployed in the Configuration Manager console.
- Fixed an issue with the NetBoot service crashing on exit.
Update to the Mac hardware inventory collecting
- Fixed an issue with System Profiler crashing on a Mac after the Mac Agent was installed on it. The issue caused the Mac hardware inventory information not to appear in the ConfigurationManager console.
Updates to the Software Distribution functionality
- Fixed an issue with the ".pkg" directory packed into the ".dmg" file not installing during Software Distribution via the *dmg/*pkg:: command.
- Increased the timeout for the ".dmg" image mounting procedure during Software Distribution to accommodate large packages.
- Fixed an issue with a ".dmg" package containing Symantec Endpoint Protection failing to install.
- Fixed an issue with an OS X update package not being delivered to Macs.
Update to the unattended installation script
- Updated the InstallAgentUnattended.sh script to have UNIX end-of-line characters, so it could properly execute in Mac OS X.
Windows Server 2003 related updates
- Fixed an issue with the Parallels Management Suite for SCCM 2007 installer refusing to install the Proxy and the NetBoot server on Windows Server 2003 SP2.
- Fixed an issue with the Proxy configuration wizard not working properly on Windows Server 2003.
Secondary sites related updates
- Fixed an issue with the Configuration Manager Proxy using a wrong management point. A management point on a secondary site must be used when there's just one Proxy on the primary site, but several management points (primary and secondary) exist.
- Fixed an issue when it was allowed to assign a different site code to an existing Configuration Manager Proxy when another Proxy instance was already using that side code.
Parallels Mac Management v2.0 RTM for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA2012-2.0.1494.914094 and PMA2007-2.0.1536.914681) includes the following improvements:
- Ability to deploy Mac OS X images via SCCM to Macs.
- Ability to deploy Mac client software and enroll a Mac silently via command line.
- Added Mac client widget to System Preferences in Mac OS X.
- Implemented the ability to fine-tune network discovery for Macs.
- Implemented support for secondary SCCM sites.
- Ability to customize ports used for communication between Mac Agents and the Configuration Manager Proxy service.
- The Configuration Manager Proxy service has been enhanced with role-based security for access to its functions.
- Improvements to the built-in Mac OS X configuration profile editor and other configuration profile related functionality.
Added an integrated uninstaller to the Mac Agent application package.
This release also includes the following fixes:
- Fixed an issue with Mac Agent crashing on reboot after a manual registration.
- The "Enter" key now works in the Mac Agent registration dialog when it is pressed on the "Password" field.
- The Configuration Manager Proxy configuration utility now removes duplicate SPN records from Active Directory.
- Problem Monitor is now started immediately after the configuration of the Configuration Manager Proxy is successfully completed.
Parallels Mac Management v1.5 Hotfix 1 for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA-1.9.1334.889813 and PMA2012-1.9.1333.889768) includes the following fixes:
- Fixed a potential issue with Mac Agent failing to enroll a Mac into SCCM if there are multiple Active Directory domain controllers present.
- Fixed a potential issue with Mac Agent failing to enroll a Mac into SCCM if there is a large number of SRV records in DNS for a domain.
Parallels Mac Management v1.5 for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA-1.9.1274.885251 and PMA2012-1.9.1275.885368) includes the following fixes and improvements:
- A new Mac OS X configuration profile dialog has been added to the Configuration Manager console. The dialog can be used to create and edit SCCM configuration items that allow you to deliver Mac OS X Configuration Profiles to managed Macs. Please visit this page for more information: https://kb.parallels.com/116236.
- An issue has been resolved with Mac Agent not restarting on a Mac after an upgrade through software distribution.
Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA-1.8.1111.861832 and PMA2012-1.8.1110.861713) includes the following fixes and improvements:
- An issue has been resolved with Mac Agent registration failing if Active Directory is running on a dedicated server (PEMT-1609).
- Bonjour has been removed from the Parallels Management Suite installer (PEMT-1615).
- The Visual C++ redistributable package has been updated from the RTM to the SP1 release (PEMT-1641).
- An issue has been resolved with Mac Agent being automatically reinstalled every 10 minutes via Software Distribution (PEMT-1617).
Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM (builds PMA-1.8.1076.855201 and PMA2012-1.8.1075.855160) includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Support for SCCM boundaries based on Active Directory sites has been added (PEMT-1579).
- An issue with Mac Agent crashing during the registration process has been resolved (PEMT-1575).
- An issue with Mac Agent crashing after the registration has been resolved (PEMT-1571).
- The Problem Monitor now runs correctly if the Configuration Manager console has a non-default installation path (PEMT-1583).
- An issue with Mac Agent registration failing on certain types of Mac computers has been resolved (PEMT-1569).
- Visual artifacts in the installation wizard have been fixed (PEMT-1472).
- The Configuration Manager Proxy now displays a correct error message if the user installing it doesn't have sufficient rights to do so (PEMT-1588).
- An issue with the Problem Monitor displaying an error message during the Configuration Manager Proxy configuration procedure has been resolved (PEMT-1582).
- An issue with Help screens not displaying correctly has been resolved (PEMT-1591).