The virtual machine processor was reset by the operating system. error message is shown when opening Windows virtual machine:
While Parallels Development Team is working on the permanent fix, please disable hybrid shutdown as a temporary workaround:
- Start Parallels Desktop.
- Launch virtual machine.
- Create a snapshot: from Mac menu bar choose Actions > Create snapshot.
- Press command button to bring Start menu and type cmd.
You will see Command Prompt in suggestions, right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator. NOTE: Be sure that you run Command Prompt as Administrator or you will encounter the following error message:
- In Command Prompt type powercfg -h off and hit Enter/Return.
- Check the behavior.
- Shut down virtual machine and open it's configuration.
- Switch to Hardware tab and choose Boot Order menu.
Expand Advanced Settings menu and insert the following flag in the Boot flags textbox:
- Close configuration window and check the behavior.