Unable to install Parallels Tools in Windows 98 SE.
Parallels Desktop has limited number of Parallels Tools features for Windows 98 guest OS.
NOTE: There is no Sound driver for Windows 9x in distribution. In Windows 98 you can install Parallels Video Driver only.
Run Windows 98 VM and attach /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/Resources/Tools/prl-tools-other.iso
- Go to Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Add Hardware and click Next.
- The wizard searches for connected devices. When the connected driver appears, click Next.
Click the Have Disk button and then the Browse button. Specify the path:
C\:Program Files > Parallels > Parallels Tools > Sound/Video/Win98
Click Next. For Video you need:
- search video driver prlvideo.inf in D:\Drivers\Video\Win98
- Click OK and then OK again.
- In Device selection dialog you can see Parallels Video Adapter in the list box. Click OK.
- Then click Next and Ready. The video driver will be set up.
- Restart Windows 98 guest OS.