Since upgrading to Windows 8.1 I cannot enter Coherence mode.
"The virtual machine display configuration could not be applied"
Parallels Display Adapter was not installed properly
- Make sure Parallels Tools are reinstalled: KB 115776 or KB 115835
Go to Device Manager:
- switch to Start Screen
- start typing "Device Manager"
- switch to "Settings"
- click on Device Manager
- Expand Display adapters and Monitors sections. Make sure "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)" and "Generic non-PnP Monitor" are installed.
If you see exclamation marks next to those devices or "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)" is not installed (some other display adapter is shown instead):
- Right-click on those devices and choose "Uninstall"
- Click on to scan for hardware changes. Proper drivers should now be installed.
Make sure the number of Generic non-PnP Monitors matches the number of real Monitors connected to your Mac.