I cannot create a virtual machine based on Boot Camp partition because there is no such option in Parallels Wizard.
Make sure Boot Camp partition exists and can be successfully detected by Mac OS X:
a. Go to Applications > Utilities and start Disk Utility check if BOOTCAMP partition is shown there
b. You can also use Terminal commands to check if the Boot Camp partition is detected by Mac OS X and gets mounted:
ls /Volumes df -h diskutil list
If Boot camp partition is successfully detected by Mac OS X you can create a virtual machine based on the Boot Camp partition manually:
- Choose Install Windows or another OS from DVD or image file then click Continue.
- On the next page click Locate manually.
- On the next page check Continue without a source checkbox.
- Choose the type of operating system installed in Boot Camp.
- Make sure the Customize settings before installation checkbox is checked. Click Continue.
- In Configuration switch to the Hardware tab > Hard Disk 1.
- From the Source drop-down list select your physical Boot Camp partition.
- Close Configuration and continue installation.
If you previously had a Boot Camp based virtual machine that stopped working for some reason:
- Open your virtual machine's Configuration, go to the Hardware tab > Hard Disk 1.
- Select the correct Boot Camp partition from the Source drop-down list.
- Close Configuration and start your virtual machine.