With Parallels Desktop for Mac you can use Windows that you set up using earlier versions of Parallels Desktop, as well as VMware Fusion, Microsoft Virtual PC, and Virtualbox:
Before you import:
- Please make sure you deleted previous tools from your virtual machine (old Parallels Tools or VMware tools, etc.)
Fully Shut down your virtual machine - do not suspend the virtual machine and do not put it in hibernate mode.
- Open Parallels Desktop (in the Applications folder) and choose File > Open.
Select the Windows data file you want to import, then click Open.
- Parallels Desktop data files end with .pvm.
- VMware files end with .vm (.vmx for older versions).
- Virtual PC files end with .vmc.
- VirtualBox files end with .xml or .vbox.
You can also simply drag a Parallels .pvm file to the Parallels Virtual Machines list to add it to Parallels Desktop.
- Start Windows.
- Choose Actions > Install Parallels Tools and follow the onscreen instructions.
I converted my VM to Parallels, but I have an issue.
- #8152: Smart mouse does not work after VMware tools removal
- #111956: Unable to convert VMware Fusion 3 virtual machine
- #111950: Broken Coherence mode in virtual machine converted from VMware
- #111976: Open Suse Linux converted from VmWare fails to boot
- #111562: Extra printers appear on the system after converting from a VMware Fusion virtual machine
- #115090: Parallels Tools are not installed automatically in Windows 8 converted from VMWare
- #115273: Hibernation message on Windows 8 virtual machine conversion
- #112419: Error 41300: Failed to convert the virtual machine
- #113709: Windows 2000 Professional Virtual Machine converted from Virtual Box fails with BSOD error 0x0000001E
- #111589: Cannot convert VirtualBox 2.x/3.x:
- #112029: "Failed to detect the OS installed in VM" migrating Linux virtual machine