You are unable to convert a VMware Fusion 3 virtual machine to Parallels Desktop 7. Conversion starts, but fails with the error message:
The following error message may appear:
"Failed to detect the operating system installed in the virtual machine. Do you want to convert it anyway?"
and if you click Yes another error message appears:
"Failed to convert the virtual machine. Please contact Parallels support team for assistance."
- VMware virtual machine disk is split
- Antivirus software is installed in VMware virtual machine
- VMware Tools are not uninstalled from the Virtual Machine before prior to converting
- Remove VMware Tools from your virtual machine.
- Uncheck Split Disks and click Apply in the VMware virtual machine's Hard Disk settings.
- Try to convert the VMware Fusion virtual machine to Parallels Desktop again.