Note for Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac users
According to the licensing policy, the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is only supported from the following versions:
- Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac
- Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac Upgrade
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Upgrade
If your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 6 or an earlier version, please visit the Parallels Online Store to purchase a full license for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac:
An upgrade to Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac can be activated:
Immediately after the application is installed and the key is registered.
- After it has been activated with a trial key.
1. Immediate Activation
Once you register your activation key, the application will prompt to activate it.
Note: Internet connection is required for immediate activation.
- Please enter your activation key (dashes will be added automatically):
- Once you enter the key, it will be validated.
If the key is valid, it will be marked with a check mark.
If the key is not valid, it will be marked with a red cross sign. Make sure you have entered the key correctly and try again.
- If you do not have a previous version of Parallels Desktop installed on your computer, you will also be prompted to enter a full or upgrade key for that version.
At this step, please enter a key for Parallels Desktop 7 or 8. Once the key is validated, click Activate.
- If your Mac is connected to the Internet, Parallels Desktop 9 will be successfully activated.
If your Mac is not connected to the Internet, you will not be able to permanently activate Parallels Desktop 9 and will only be able to use your non-activated copy of Parallels Desktop 9 for 14 days. If Parallels Desktop 9 is not activated within 14 days, it will be blocked.
To permanently activate Parallels Desktop 9 with a commercial key, you need to connect your Mac to the Internet or proceed with manual activation.
In case your Mac cannot be connected to the Internet, activate Parallels Desktop 9 manually.
- Once you try to activate Parallels Desktop 9 without Internet connection, Unable to confirm the product license notification will be shown:
- On the next screen you will see manual activation instructions:
- Once you receive a Confirmation Code, enter it into the field and click Activate.
2. Activating after using trial version of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
If at first you activated Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac with a trial license, you can replace it anytime with a commercially purchased license by following instructions below:
Start the Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac application. Make sure you are not in Coherence view mode. Switch to Window view mode using Exit Coherence option.
Go to Parallels Desktop and select Activate Product from the drop-down menu.
Enter your key for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Upgrade.
After a correct Parallels Desktop 9 upgrade key has been entered the application might prompt you to enter a previous version key.
- Please enter your previous version key if requested and click on Activate.
If your Mac is not connected to the Internet, see Manual Activation section above.