Note: This issue was fixed by Microsoft in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 17713 and included to the released Windows 10 October 2018 Update (1809). Please make sure to install all pending updates in Windows.
When trying to shut down the Windows 10 virtual machine the following notification appears:
"The virtual machine processor was reset by the operating system"
Start the Windows 10 virtual machine and proceed with the instructions below:
- Click on the Start menu and start typing Control, then click on the suggested item Control Panel Desktop app
- In the appeared Control Panel window, in the Search field on the right pane type Power (1) and then click on the suggested item Change what the power buttons do (2)
- In the appeared window click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Disable Turn on fast startup (recommended) (1) option and then click Save Changes button (2)
- Restart the Windows 10 virtual machine to apply these changes.