Parallels Client requirements for opening Azure Virtual Desktop apps and desktops are as follows:
- Parallels Client for Windows:
- Parallels Client for Windows version 18 or newer (Basic or Full versions).
- Supported Windows versions: Windows 10 and Windows 11. Note that Windows Server operating systems are not supported.
- Windows updates: Update for Universal C Runtime for Windows (KB2999226). Microsoft Windows 10 incorporates this by default.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.0 or later is required. Microsoft Windows 10 incorporates .NET Framework 4 and has it enabled by default.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop client, also known as Remote Desktop (MSRDC) client, must be installed. The client is downloaded and installed automatically upon launching an Azure Virtual Desktop resource from Parallels Client (if not already installed on a supported Windows client device). You may also download the client using the following link: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2068602.
- Microsoft Teams support: Starting with Parallels RAS 19, you can redirect audio and video from an Azure Virtual Desktop host running Windows 10 or 11 Multi-session, Windows 10, or 11 Enterprise to Parallels Client for Windows. For information on how to install Microsoft Teams on a Azure Virtual Desktop host, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/teams-on-avd.
- Parallels Web Client:
- Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system installed on the user's machine.
- System requirements as listed in Parallels Web Client and User Portal
When you connect to Parallels RAS from Parallels Client for Windows, all published resources, including Azure Virtual Desktop resources, are listed and made available for a user to access.