A build-to-build upgrade of Parallels Tools installation hangs at 15% to 27%.
Running sfc /scannow using command prompt shows system violation.
Take a snapshot.
Use FixIt to remove previous versions of Parallels Tools.
If FixIt cannot recognize Parallels Tools, install Parallels Tools from Temp folder:
- click on Windows Start button;
- in the search field ("Run" for Windows XP) choose Programs and Files;
- type %temp% and hit Enter/Return;
- Go to PrlToolsPackages folder -> double click on setup.
Parallels Tools will try to install, you will get a message that the "installation was interrupted". Now restart Windows and try from step 3 again.
5.Try to install Parallels Tools again using manual installation.
If it does not help, this might mean that your Windows installation needs repairing:
- Make a backup copy of your Virtual Machine;
- Boot Windows 7 Virtual Machine;
- Insert Windows 7 installation CD or connect the image of it to the virtual CD;
- Open the CD/DVD drive from My Computer on the Virtual Machine's site -> double click setup.exe;
- When prompted, please choose Upgrade (not clean "Install");
- After the Upgrade process is finished, please reinstall Parallels Tools.
For more details on Windows repair installation please visit Microsoft kb#2255099.
Windows has corrupted files or some critical Windows updates are missing.