Starting from version 19, Parallels Remote Application Server supports per-folder permissions delegations. With folder nesting support, it is possible to delegate permissions either via inheritance or at folder level. By default, a child folder inherits the permissions of the parent folder and can have its own permissions delegations. If a Custom admin is not delegated to access and manage the parent folder, then the child folder will be presented under the root.
Starting from Parallels RAS 19, any RD Session Host must be a member of a group. To achieve that, the default RD Session Host group is added. This group cannot be deleted or renamed and cannot have an assigned template. Custom permissions for a single host have been deprecated, and now hosts inherit permissions from a group.
To delegate permissions for a specific folder:
- In the RAS Console, navigate to Administration > Accounts.
- Select a Custom administrator in the list and click Tasks > Properties.
- In the Account Permissions dialog, select your Site and click the Change Permissions button.
- On the left pane, select Publishing.
- On the lower portion of the right pane select the permissions for the folder.
To delegate permissions for an RD Session Host group:
- Follow steps 1-3 from the instruction above.
- On the left pane, select RD Session hosts groups.
- On the lower portion of the right pane select the permissions for the group.