SummaryParallels Desktop 5 for Mac build 9370 includes changes that improves performance and enhances compatibility. This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac.
Obtaining the UpdateUpdates for Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac are available via:
- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
- Parallels Website
Note: Updates for localized builds are released with a slight delay, so you may not find a French update, for example, while an English build is already available.
To install the update, do one of the following:
- Choose Check for Updates from the Help menu.
- Choose the update you want to install and click Install.
- Download the update build from the Parallels Website and install it manually.
When you first start your virtual machine after installing the update, Parallels Tools will be updated. If Parallels Tools are not updated automatically, please choose Update Parallels Tools from the Virtual Machine menu to update them.
Additional InformationThis update includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Mac folders shared with Windows now work correctly with MS Outlook, Lotus, Quicken and other Windows applications. See article #8296 for problem details.
- Support for Autodesk Revit 2011 was fixed.
- MS Office 2010 activation is preserved in Boot Camp virtual machines.
- OpenGL now works correctly in Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machines.
- Virtual machines using Boot Camp partitions on 512 GB solid-state disks (SSDs) now work correctly.
- The problem with invisible virtual machines list on new MacBook Pros (released in early 2010) was fixed.
- A rare problem with Windows virtual machine's screen turning black after upgrading to Mac OS X v10.6.3 was fixed.
- Problems with Parallels Service stopping to respond when the Parallels Desktop settings file is corrupt were fixed.
- Problems with screen resolution in Mac OS X Server v10.6.3 virtual machines were fixed.