SymptomsIf you have a Boot Camp based virtual machine, you may get a Blue Screen of Death with 0x0000007B error code right on virtual machine boot as below:
ResolutionWe are working on getting a permanent fix for this problem.
Meanwhile, please use the workaround below:
1. Boot in Boot Camp natively
2. Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
3. Uninstall "Parallels Tools" *
4. Boot in Mac OS
5. Reconfigure Boot Camp virtual machine (change existing Boot Camp virtual machine):
- Launch Parallels Desktop, but do not start your virtual machine.
- Open your virtual machine configuration window. Please see:
- Remove the hard disk from configuration, remember IDE channel number before doing it. Please see:
- Add the hard disk once again (to the same IDE channel number), select your Boot Camp partition under Source dropdown list.
- Click OK and launch your virtual machine.
* If Parallels Tools uninstall fails with error while booted under Boot Camp directly please follow the steps below to get rid of them without using Widows installer:
1. Download and install this Microsoft Utility that troubleshoots Windows Installer issues:
2. Install it, run it and remove Parallels Tools item from the list.
3. Boot in Windows Safe mode (hit F8 upon Windows boot), please see:
4. Delete all files starting with "prl_" from "C:\Windows\System32\" and "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\" folders.
5. Delete the folder "C:\Program Files\Parallels".
6. Reboot and proceed with the original instructions.