SymptomsAfter installing Parallels Internet Security in Windows 7, you may get the message that Windows Firewall is disabled.
This happens because Parallels Internet Security contains its own firewall that is not recognized by the Windows 7 operating system. Parallels Internet Security disables Windows Firewall and uses its own firewall.
ResolutionYou may ignore the message and use Parallels Internet Security Firewall.
If you want to use Windows Firewall, you are recommended to disable Parallels Internet Security Firewall first and then enable Windows Firewall.
To disable Firewall in Parallels Internet Security 2009:
1. Open the Parallels Internet Security main window by clicking Start > Programs > Parallels Internet Security 2009.
2. Click the Settings button in the top part of the window.
3. In the window that will open, select the System Security component in the Protection section.
3. In the Firewall section, disable the Enable Firewall option.
To enable Windows Firewall in Windows 7:
1. Open Windows Firewall by clicking Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
2. Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click On (recommended), and then click OK.