When I try to start my virtual machine after upgrading from Parallels Desktop version 3 to version 4 I see the warning about Agp440.sys service followed by BSOD.
Please perform the fix described at Microsoft Knowledge Base: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/324764
- Stop the virtual machine (VM).
- Attach a Windows installation CD to it (click Devices > CD/DVD-Rom).
- Go to Virtual Machine > Configure menu. Browse to CPU tab. Make sure that the "Show advanced settings" checkbox is enabled in the bottom-left corner of the window.
in System Flags field.
- Close Configuration and start the VM.
- Capture input and press any key to boot from CD.
- Perform the actions described in Microsoft KB article given.
- Stop the VM.
Go to Virtual Machine > Configure menu. Browse to CPU tab. REMOVE the vm.compat_level=2 string. Close Configuration menu and boot the VM.
After that restart the VM and complete the upgrade. Now it should be performed fine.