Sometimes deployment might fail with the "Install failed" error message due to enhanced security restrictions introduced by Apple. Check the information below to find out how to prepare the deployment package for further deployment and address the issue.
Note: for deploying Parallels Desktop on macOS Ventura, use Parallels Desktop 18.1.1 or a newer build.
Before proceeding with the deployment, you should perform the steps below:
1. Download the Parallels Desktop Autodeploy package from the website.
2. Unpack (unzip) the package.
3. Add a respective Parallels Desktop .dmg file and a virtual machine (s) to the package.
4. Modify the deploy.cfg file (right-click Parallels Desktop Autodeploy .pkg file and modify it as per your requirements).
5. Remove com.apple.quarantine attribute that prevents the package from running properly on the target computer:
5.1. Start Terminal and execute the command below:
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine "<path to Parallels Desktop Autodeploy.pkg>"
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /Users/test/Downloads/Parallels\ Desktop\ Business\ Edition\ mass\ deployment\ package\ v18.1.1/Parallels\ Desktop\ Autodeploy.pkg
6. Zip the Parallels Desktop Autodeploy .pkg.
7. Use the packed "Parallels Desktop Autodeploy.pkg" for deployment via your deployment tool (JAMF, Munki, etc).