Procedure for removing PDM with leftovers on servers
1. Run the uninstaller.
2. Delete registry key:
3. Delete PDM database:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server management Studio and find PMM_XXX database
- Select it, open context menu and click Delete:
4. Delete WMI Objects:
NOTE: You should be logged into the system with a WMI-privileged account. Local admin permission level should be enough.
- Open wbemtest.exe
- Connect to root\sms\site_XXX (where XXX is a Site Code)
(no need to specify credentials, only adjust the connection string and click Connect)
- Click the Query... button, enter the query below, and then click Apply button:
- Delete each object found.
Removing WMI objects via Powershell:
5. Delete AD objects.
From ADSI Edit:
CN=ParallelsServices under CN=System
Check servicePrincipalName AD attribute on Proxy service and computer accounts. Look for SPNs that will match the following pattern and delete them:
Finding AD objects with the above mentioned attribute using Powershell:
6. Remove DNS SRV record (if exists).
The record will have the following name format: _PmaConfigMgrProxy-[SITECODE]
Remove-DnsServerResourceRecord -RRType SRV -Name "_PmaConfigMgrProxy-CPA._tcp" -ZoneName "domain.com" -RecordData "0","100","8760","isv_proxy_server.pmm.com." -Force
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.